No announcement yet.

Avril damages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda guessed that was the case, but it always seems longer when under manta pressure, plus I wouldn't mind the berserk re-load rate as the normal rate

Comment

Is it possible the guy with the AVRiL had the damage amplifier?

Just sayin', is all...

I know it seems to be because of the "speed and direction" compared to how the avril hits you, but that means that all slow vehicles get a free ride.
      Uhm... but slow vehicles can't avoid AVRiL missiles as well because they are, well, slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
        Is it possible the guy with the AVRiL had the damage amplifier?..
        No, because it happens on maps without the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
          It's not just you. It doesn't just make it hard to hit the intended target, the rapid target switching makes my eyes bleed too.
          Don't use the secondary lock on in these situations. I only use the lock on when a very fast vehicle is coming my way. Just place your cross hair over the intended target. It works the same way the Rocket Launcher lock on works, but faster. Plus you don't draw a line across the battlefield showing off your position!

Comment

Hate to state the obvious, but has anyone just looked at the Avril game code to see how it calculates damage?

Comment

I think Avril damage related to the speed of the vehicle is fine as vehicles are so strong anyways. Scorpions and Raptors usually seem to get killed by one avril shot if hitting them on the frontal side while player has at least some movement forward. I've never been killed when hit on the side or rear with a scorpion while driving forwards what I could remember at least. Same goes for Raptor but it seems with Raptor or any vehicles besides car types it doesn't have to neccessarily hit the front of it but it's more like angle dependant, you can fly sideways to move forward against the avril and u still get killed in 1 blow. So if you're moving against the direction the avril comes from I think it will kill you instantly. Well that's my observations at least.

Comment

Is it possible to fire an AVRIL missile high into the air (without locking it), then fire a second one directed at the target and then lock both missiles to the same target? I haven't tried this yet, but I'm just thinking it might be a way to cause the extra AVRIL damage you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainsawFilms View Post
                  Hate to state the obvious, but has anyone just looked at the Avril game code to see how it calculates damage?
                  That's Boksha's job, isn't it?

...does he even play anymore?

Comment

If I get an hour I'll have a look, probably not hard to figure it out. Is the code installed with the game or downloadable? If someone can point me to the source I'll check it out sometime, thanks.

Comment

OK found the source, will check it out maybe later today. It's daft people debating how they think it works when you can read the code logic and know exactly what's going on.

Comment

Have to check out exactly all the calls for the damage later, to see how it's all calculated, but from looking at the code you can see that momentum plays a huge part of total damage. Also have to check the vehicle code later to see if there are weaker areas to hit.

Code:
                            speed=550.0
                            MaxSpeed=2800.0
                            Damage=125.0
                            DamageRadius=150.0
                            MomentumTransfer=150000

VehicleDamageScaling=1.6
                            VehicleMomentumScaling=5.0
                            bKRadialImpulse=true
                             KDamageImpulse=3000
                            KImpulseRadius=100.0
                        So there you have it. Min damage seems to be 125, multiplied by 1.6 if it's a vehicle that is hit. Momentum scaling is 5, though I have no base value at the moment for that. It will be something to do with MomentumTransfer.

I'm off out now, anyone else wants to take a look please do so. That only took 5 minutes fellas, including downloading and typing this up.

Comment

Momentum is only how hard it pushes players and vehicles, it doesn't cause any actual damage, unless you are slammed into something. There is nowhere in the code where extra damage is applied for the Avril, nor anything in the vehicle code (as far as I can see), which is what makes me think it's a bug.

Comment

If it's a bug, you should be able to see it in the code itself. I'll look later. Quite possible the vehicles have different weak areas.

Comment

Code:
                              event TakeDamage(int Damage, Controller EventInstigator, vector HitLocation, vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType, optional TraceHitInfo HitInfo, optional Actor DamageCauser)
                              {
                                  bForceNetUpdate = TRUE; // force quick net update

if ( DamageType != None )
                                  {
                                      Damage *= DamageType.static.VehicleDamageScalingFor(self);
                                      momentum *= DamageType.default.VehicleMomentumScaling * MomentumMult;
                                  }

super.TakeDamage(Damage, EventInstigator, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType, HitInfo);
                              }
                              That's the main damage code.

If you look around, there are cases where damage is multiplied. For example, in the Scorpion, damage is multiplied by 1.5 if you are boosting, and doubled if you enter Self Destruct.

Code:
                              simulated event TakeDamage(int Damage, Controller EventInstigator, vector HitLocation, vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType, optional TraceHitInfo HitInfo, optional Actor DamageCauser)
                              {
                                  local PlayerController PC;

if (Role == ROLE_Authority)
                                  {
                                      if ( SelfDestructInstigator != None )
                                      {
                                          PC = PlayerController(SelfDestructInstigator);
                                          Damage *= 2.0;
                                      }
                                      else if ( bBoostersActivated )
                                          Damage *= 1.5;
                                  }

Super.TakeDamage(Damage, EventInstigator, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType, HitInfo, DamageCauser);

if ( (Role == ROLE_Authority) && (Health < 0) && (SelfDestructInstigator != None) && (EventInstigator != PC) )
                                  {
                                      if ( PC != None )
                                          PC.ReceiveLocalizedMessage(class'UTLastSecondMessage', 1, PC.PlayerReplicationInfo, None, None);
                                      if ( PlayerController(EventInstigator) != None )
                                      {
                                          PlayerController(EventInstigator).ReceiveLocalizedMessage(class'UTLastSecondMessage', 1, PC.PlayerReplicationInfo, None, None);
                                      }
                                  }
                              }
                              I also can't find anything specific to the Avril taking speed in to account relating to damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainsawFilms View Post
                                I also can't find anything specific to the Avril taking speed in to account relating to damage.
                                This is interesting and a bit wierd that the vehicle's speed is not a factor that increase avril's damages (without boost)
                                So, it may be a bug or as RPGWizard said, an angle question...

Comment

Working...
                                X