360 Version: Will it have Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Version: Will it have Mods?

Will UT3 on the 360 be launched with tools to cook mods/maps for the 360? Thanks!

The answer is: nope!
    Unless at the last moment Microsoft gives the permits required for such ability (to cook mods/maps) and I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyKing View Post
      The answer is: nope!
      Unless at the last moment Microsoft gives the permits required for such ability (to cook mods/maps) and I dont think so.
      ehh.. I'll wait for an official source. No offense

Comment

You might be waiting for a while.
        MS released a news item recently saying they will not allow an open modding network, for security reasons.

I heartily suspect, however, that Epic will make a few bundles of quality user-content and port it over in a DLC pack from time to time, as they said they would.

Comment

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867258p1.html

"It may have taken a little while longer than the rest of the pack, but Epic Games' other franchise is on its way to Xbox 360 soon. A release date hasn't yet been announced, but you can be sure that the extra time is going to good use. The Xbox 360 release will contain five new exclusive maps those other platforms didn't get, two new characters and will include two player splitscreen action. All that and it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC. "

Comment

Originally posted by K7L33THA View Post
            "...All that and it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC. "
            Sounds suspiciously carefully worded to not mention user created content. UT3 may be a good game in its own right, but it's only half a game without being modifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
              Sounds suspiciously carefully worded to not mention user created content. UT3 may be a good game in its own right, but it's only half a game without being modifiable.
              Yes but hasn't all the PS3 stuff been technically "released through Epic"? Plus whats to say that Epic won't just take other ppl's mods and make standard mutators out of them (ie: action cam).

Comment

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867258p1.html

it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC. "
                The way I read it, only the content that epic created themselves will be available.

Gee a bunch of fast posters, atleast we agree on it

Comment

oh - mygod. You have two new players and 5 new maps which pc and ps3 dont get.
                  Youve alrdy got enough mods why are u saying u want another one.?

Comment

Yes but hasn't all the PS3 stuff been technically "released through Epic"? Plus whats to say that Epic won't just take other ppl's mods and make standard mutators out of them (ie: action cam).
                    no, the additional stuff is not epic created. not even close.

Comment

How come Epic cannot do something like fileshare for Halo 3. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Comment

Honestly, everyone I play with, including myself, whos looking forward to the 360 version doesnt really care that much that mods wont likely be implemented.

Comment

Mods aren't released trough Epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigilante View Post
                            Honestly, everyone I play with, including myself, whos looking forward to the 360 version doesnt really care that much that mods wont likely be implemented.
                            Splitscreen > Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShdwDrake View Post
                              Splitscreen > Mods.

http://www.ut3mod.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X