Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This game has the greatest weapons...literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game has the greatest weapons...literally.

When I saw these weapons(Shock Rifle, Bio Rifle, and Flak Cannon) I couldn't believe how detailed the weapons were!

And the GREATEST weapon in any shooting game known...the Redeemer...
    The Redeemer is cool as hell, this is the first shooter I've played with astonishing weapons such as the previously mentioned, and with ALTERNATE FIRE!!! But after I shot the Redeemer, I knew this game was for me...souns like love at first sight, huh? lol.

I cannot wait until the Xbox 360 version of it hits retail!

Yeah great weapons. But simple the way the weapons FEEL and PLAY is the best part.

So responsive and it just feels really good.

Comment

I`m guessing you didn`t play ut99 then Chaosbrainshot? Mainly all the same weapons and features. Check it out.

Comment

I personally dont like the redeemer model. The rest are incredible though!

Comment

Redeemer I'm not so hot on. It's cool, but if you've played earlier UT... that massive tube Deemer was awesome. I guess I'm just used to pulling out and wielding a thick long shaft in my crotch area to stun or kill the ladies.

Flak Cannon is a little odd looking, and the Enforcer has lost its Umph. All the others I like, and the Rocket Launcher is ****.

Comment

All the weapons in UT3 have been tried and tested for nearly a decade

Comment

I been using these weapons since year 2000... G.O.T.Y

Comment

I still miss the lightning gun! The sniper is not nearly as good. A nice zoom feature on the shock would make it all better.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                  I still miss the lightning gun! The sniper is not nearly as good. A nice zoom feature on the shock would make it all better.
                  Why would you want the lightning gun? It functioned like the sniper rifle, except was less imposing and felt like a little pop gun. Less awesome for the same performance. I'm not seeing the attraction here.

Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn't be hard to whip up a mutator that replaced the sniper rifle with a modified scoped shock rifle or just added a scope onto the normal shock rifle. (With reduced firing rate and maybe power of course. Why would anyone use anything else if you had a weapon balanced for medium range fighting that was perfectly accurate and scoped?)

Only in function though. I can't be expected to put forth the time to give it a modified shock rifle model unless Epic gets around to making exporting even slightly stable/feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Keatonian View Post
                    Why would you want the lightning gun? It functioned like the sniper rifle, except was less imposing and felt like a little pop gun. Less awesome for the same performance. I'm not seeing the attraction here.

Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn't be hard to whip up a mutator that replaced the sniper rifle with a modified scoped shock rifle or just added a scope onto the normal shock rifle. (With reduced firing rate and maybe power of course. Why would anyone use anything else if you had a weapon balanced for medium range fighting that was perfectly accurate and scoped?)

Only in function though. I can't be expected to put forth the time to give it a modified shock rifle model unless Epic gets around to making exporting even slightly stable/feasible.
                    Given the way the Sniper felt in 2004, if that was all I knew, I'd want the Lightning gun back, too. The LG's small splash damage led to some fun shots. Double and Multi-kills with a single sniper shot...
                    The concept is still pretty cool, though. I'd be interested to see it come back as a dedicated anti-vehicle weapon, where it could have some real power and oomph to it, as well as a role separate from the Sniper, whose current incarnation I'm quite a fan of.

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                      I`m guessing you didn`t play ut99 then Chaosbrainshot? Mainly all the same weapons and features. Check it out.
                      Totally...

The old UT99 enforcer and redeemer and biorifle models were way cooler btw.
                      And the link gun and flak cannon models from UT2k4!
                      ****, bring them back!

Comment

I'd say all the new models are spot on. Love the Redeemer's unfolding animation - there's a real sense of weight and power there, and the guided mode makes a lot more sense now. I like the way the Biorifle's front expands and rotates as you charge up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Keatonian View Post

What you say is only valid in DM and CTF. In WAR and vCTF you could kill Raptors, Cicadas, Paladins, Mantas, Scorpians, and Tanks at extreme range, The sniper is only good for hitting the player and has no damage like the lightning gun did on armor and vehicles. The shock is good at close and med without a scope.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                            In WAR and vCTF you could kill Raptors, Cicadas, Paladins, Mantas, Scorpians, and Tanks at extreme range
                            So basically you're saying its good that the lightning gun is gone then

Comment

Whatever you do, just dont leave home without your Longbow )

Comment

Working...
                              X