Wheres the chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the chat?

So yeah I was kind of out in the middle of the ocean when all of you been playing this game, and im wondering where is the chat rooms when you go online with the game? how am i supposed to talk smack and get answers from game gurus? I hope i don't have to use a thread and wait a day or so to get an answer that im looking for while im in game....just wondering,
    thanks

kroz

You can IM directly to people on you buddy list. You can text chat in game by pressing T for everyone and Y for your team only. There is no other in game communication system. However, out side of the game there are other options for the community. www.beyondunreal.com and www.zerofrag.com are both great sites to touch base with the community. I also recommend IRC which you can do more research on at zerofrag.

Comment

Thanks

Hey thanks for the response. Just a little dissapointed, i mean it feels so basic, the way the game runs and the menu system. I use to always go in those chats and ask people like you questions who have all the answers and then i would return the favor and help out the new guys when i became more senior. O well...thanks

Comment

Oh yeah and 1 other thing im kind of confused about is the buddy list thing, i mean i never used the buddy list for friends, i used it to keep track of my enemies so when i knew they were on i could punish them. But you have to request permission to have them on your list....is there another way? sry for all the dumb questions everyone else probably already figured out a long time ago....

Comment

Do you play warfare? If so, visit #mpukunreal.warfare on quakenet (IRC). There's other channels for the other game types, but I mostly play warfare so I don't know what they're called.

Comment

You can find the chat in my sig. It's called IRC (Internet Relay Chat) UT2k4 had this inbuilt in the browser. This aint possible anymore so we made UT3IRC, it's based on mIRC.

Comment

there dozens of IRC Rooms where you can chat and play pickup games wih other UT3 gurus.
              I chat mainly at mpukunreal.warfare. This because i am from europe. If you are an american dude, you can go to zerofrag.com.

Comment

Irc!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rodge On The Irc

Comment

im just into the whole 1 window (my game) kinda deal but irc will do i guess...

Comment

just a Q from a ps3 player, is it acualy posible to chat without all the autochat thingy's ('v' on key board)
                      i played 2k4 and now i just keep pressing T on my keyboard -_-" forget it all the time.

anyway if u ask me its a hole lot borring not beying able to chat QQ

Comment

Needing UT2004 version 3186 help

Just bought UT2004 used on line and cannot connect to the net for multi player games, I downloaded patch a winrar zip file, scripts 3186 and put it in the UT2004 folder under programs, made no difference, can anyone help, this is my first forum posting anywhere and I'm not even sure if I've put this in the right area of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by garrett777 View Post
                          Just bought UT2004 used on line and cannot connect to the net for multi player games, I downloaded patch a winrar zip file, scripts 3186 and put it in the UT2004 folder under programs, made no difference, can anyone help, this is my first forum posting anywhere and I'm not even sure if I've put this in the right area of the forum.
                          how about the UT2k4 parts of the forum?

Comment

ut 2k4 rocks though....but yeah this is most def a ut 3 thread

Comment

Working...
                            X