Deleting Official Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Official Maps

Basically what I am trying to do is to clean up the games map list by removing the few official maps that I personally never play and think are terrible - particularly in the warfare category. I only ever play Instant Action so it won't be a problem in terms online play.

I've tried deleting the map specific lines in the DefaultGame config file, and even removing the upk. files for those maps as well but they are still listed. Does anyone have suggestions for what else I should try? Is what I am attempting even possible?

Now I know what I am trying to do may seem utterly ridiculous and absurd, but bare in mind that I'm a little OCD when it comes to these things, and I'm not just starting this thread for people to call me stupid :P

If you delete official maps and packages, you may not be able to play online any more and will have to reinstall. This is a perfect way to damage your installation.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
      If you delete official maps and packages, you may not be able to play online any more and will have to reinstall. This is a perfect way to damage your installation.
      Agreed, and two.. why would you? Just play the ones you like... it's that easy.

Comment

I think everyone should delete BioHarard both from their install and from servers. That could save public DM servers...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
          Yeah I understand that, but in theory it shouldn't really matter because I am limited to offline play anyway.

All I am really after is suggestions on how to go about doing it, not why I shouldn't.
          I'd appreciate some help on this one, as its probably something very simple that needs removing

Comment

Awesome, don't worry I just fixed it then by editing the UTGame config under the 'my games' directory. Well, I'm happy and the thread is now defunct

Comment

If you're editing 'DefaultGame.ini' then you're editing the wrong config file. You need to edit the GameSpecificMapCycle in 'UTGame.ini', normally located in C:/My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config

*Edit* one minute late....lol...disregard

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                I think everyone should delete BioHarard both from their install and from servers. That could save public DM servers...
                +1 m8

10char

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                  One big thing they need to do for public DM serves, form what I've seen, is crank down the player counts. If Biohazard were done with the 3-player max limit it seems to have been designed for, instead of 32 or 64, things would be better...

Comment

Originally posted by FrontAXL View Post
                    If you're editing 'DefaultGame.ini' then you're editing the wrong config file. You need to edit the GameSpecificMapCycle in 'UTGame.ini', normally located in C:/My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config

*Edit* one minute late....lol...disregard
                    you were close!

in "C:/My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config" you'll find this:

[CTF-Strident UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Strident
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-Strident>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc23>

[CTF-OmicronDawn UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-OmicronDawn
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-DeadPlanet>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc34>

[CTF-Coret UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Coret
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-Coret>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc20>

[CTF-Reflection UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Reflection
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-Reflection>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc3>

[CTF-Hydrosis UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Hydrosis
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-Hydrosis>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc8>

[CTF-Vertebrae UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Vertebrae
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-CTF-Vertebrae>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc39>

[vCTF-Necropolis UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Necropolis
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Necropolis>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc38>

[vCTF-Sandstorm UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Sandstorm
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Sandstorm>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc35>

[vCTF-Kargo UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Kargo
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Kargo>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc7>

[vCTF-Containment UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Containment
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Containment>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc52>

[vCTF-Suspense UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Suspense
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Suspense>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc10>

[vCTF-Corruption UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=vCTF-Corruption
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-vCTF-Corruption>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc28>

[DM-Arsenal UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Arsenal
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Arsenal>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc16>

[DM-RisingSun UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-RisingSun
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-RisingSun>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc1>

[DM-CarbonFire UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-CarbonFire
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-CarbonFire>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc57>

[DM-Deck UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Deck
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Deck>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc139>

[DM-Defiance UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Defiance
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Defiance>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc13>

[DM-Deimos UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Deimos
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Deimos>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc33>

[DM-Diesel UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Diesel
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Diesel>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc107>

[DM-Biohazard UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Biohazard
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Biohazard>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc45>

[DM-HeatRay UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-HeatRay
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-HeatRay>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc17>

[DM-Gateway UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Gateway
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Gateway>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc24>

[DM-Fearless UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Fearless
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Fearless>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc42>

[DM-Sentinel UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Sentinel
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Sentinel>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc41>

[DM-ShangriLa UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-ShangriLa
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-ShangriLa>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc2>

[DM-Sanctuary UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=DM-Sanctuary
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-DM-Sanctuary>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc36>

[WAR-TankCrossing UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-TankCrossing
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-TankCrossing>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc6>

[WAR-Downtown UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Downtown
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Downtown>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc12>

[WAR-DowntownTwoFronts UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Downtown?LinkSetup=Alt
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Downtown>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc12>

[WAR-Sinkhole UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Sinkhole
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Sinkhole>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc4>

[WAR-Dusk UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Dusk
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Dusk>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc18>

[WAR-DuskFreeMine UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Dusk?LinkSetup=Alt
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Dusk>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc18>

[WAR-Islander UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Islander
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Islander>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc22>

[WAR-IslanderNecris UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Islander_Necris
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Islander>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc22>

[WAR-MarketDistrict UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-MarketDistrict
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-MarketDistrict>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc5>

[WAR-OnyxCoast UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-OnyxCoast
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-OnyxCoast>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc30>

[WAR-PowerSurge UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-PowerSurge
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-PowerSurge>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc19>

[WAR-Serenity UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Serenity
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Serenity>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc11>

[WAR-SerenityNecris UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Serenity_Necris
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Serenity>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc11>
                    bRemoveOnPS3=1

[WAR-Floodgate UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Floodgate
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Floodgate>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc40>

[WAR-Avalanche UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Avalanche
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Avalanche>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc32>

[WAR-AvalancheTwoFronts UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Avalanche?LinkSetup=Alt
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Avalanche>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc32>

[WAR-Torlan UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Torlan
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPics .Map-Pic-WAR-Torlan>
                    Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Bri efDesc9>

[WAR-TorlanNecris UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Torlan_Necris

[WAR-TorlanClassic UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=classic

[WAR-TorlanShort UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=short

[WAR-TorlanDoublePrime UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=TwoFronts

just put a comma or something in front of which ever map you don't, poof it's gone!

Example:

;[WAR-TorlanDoublePrime UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    ;MapName=WAR-Torlan?LinkSetup=TwoFronts
                    ;PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.MapPic s.Map-Pic-WAR-Torlan>
                    ;Description=<Strings:UTGAMEUI.CampaignBriefing.Br iefDesc9>

Goodluck!

Comment

Cheers WoLvErInE, I managed to figure this out on my own just before FrontAXL and you posted this helpful information, but thanks anyway.
                      Perhaps it'll help someone else in the future

Comment

Working...
                      X