Why dont shots count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dont shots count?

Sometimes ill load up three rockets in a sprial and hit the guy in the face, no damage (aside from occasionally killing myself if too close). Ive also been on the other end of it with little health and nailed but i dont take damage.

What causes this? Can it be fixed in a patch?

Its like a dice roll when it comes to your damage dealt. Sometimes you can 1 hit ko, other times they seem invincible.

Any ideas?

It's part of non-hitscan projectiles, it's in every game with non-hitscan projectiles, and it has to do with the connection between you and the server.

This is basically what happens:Clientside it was a hit and the videocart makes an animation based on that information, on the server you fired the projectile 50ms later and there it was a miss, simply because of those few 50ms. The server decides if you make a kill or not and because it wasn't a hit there the person doesn't die.

Comment

Nice explanation Taboen. I did not know about that.

Comment

I have seen this alot. I'm just wondering if the tickrate has something to do with it. Recently I started playing in a room with a 80 tickrate and it rarely seems to happen. Strange thing is, in the umgleage DM server I get a 40-50 ping, but I would say that 1 in every 5 shots I fire just does nothing. Now the room with the 80 tickrate, I get around 90 ping, but I never have shots dissapear. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

this doesnt happen i all games...i play ut2k4 and ut3 frequently and this only happens to me in ut3..so it must be something with ut3(netcode?). I have played ut2k4 for 2 years and cant recall a single time that i got no registers with rox.

Comment

This happens all the time with me. Especially with a fully loaded bio shot only to have it not shoot.

The "fired rocket prematurely" bug is still leftover from 2k4. I can fire rockets point blank at someone and they don't die but I do.

I fired a redeemer at point blank range at an opponent and I died and he didn't lol. I think it said I fired a rocket prematurely or some weird death message.

Comment

Yeah its almost like u get killed with one shot every time but yet u unload a whole rocket pack into guys and they still kill ya.

Also seems like it only happens to me - One hit kill Avrils also I never get those but ppl kill me all the time in like 300-400hp vehicles

Murphy's law is a good explanation

Comment

Set server tickrates to 40 and that should go away...

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                  I have seen this alot. I'm just wondering if the tickrate has something to do with it. Recently I started playing in a room with a 80 tickrate and it rarely seems to happen. Strange thing is, in the umgleage DM server I get a 40-50 ping, but I would say that 1 in every 5 shots I fire just does nothing. Now the room with the 80 tickrate, I get around 90 ping, but I never have shots dissapear. Can anyone shed some light on this?
                  the umg server used to be really smooth but it seems kind of laggy lately. I am thinking about renting a server myself eventually and will make sure I get it set to 45 tic. 80 tic would be sweet but prices are too high.

Comment

yeah, i've had this alot and wondered what it was, so nice explanation, bloody annoying though, and i've had it with shock combos too. also i've had it where a redeemer has gone of right next to me and all that happened was i fell over, which made a nice change though that seems to be the only weapon that hits but doesnt always kill which in the scheme of things is very odd.

Comment

Well I've had when firing Avril at a manta. The manta gets knocked back but doesn't take damage. I've fired another avril at the same manta & it was invulnerable again.
                      I don't think this is to do with hitscan though as I've been hit by an avril when I was in a manta that didn't blow me up or take any damage

One other anoying thing I've seen is when I've gone to get pick up a dropped orb & someone else jumps on it & self destructs it just as I get there. The announcer says something like "red orb destroyed" & I run off. The guy who destructed the orb is dead & I notice about 15seconds later the yellow writing saying I have the orb just as 4 enemy players are sending rockets & flak bombs my way.
                      Surely if there is a lag issue then either I shouldn't have the orb or the guy who tried to blow it shouldn't have died?

Comment

Always my fav. tactic to knock someone off the hoverboard and destroy their orb as they're gettin up when it's crunchtime and they're tryin to save their prime ))

It's like whatchu gonna do boy )

Comment

Working...
                        X