Grinchy's Custom PS3 Server [offline]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinchy's Custom PS3 Server [offline]

Don't you want to play some of the awesome maps people have made for UT3 on PS3? Join Grinchy's Custom PS3 Server! If this is a spammy topic then I'm all for it being closed but I hope it takes off instead.

When I host a server the title of this thread will say ONLINE. Simple enough, right? I'll host all stock maps + customs. If you only own a PS3, all the maps I'm going to host can be found on ut3mod.com for direct-downloading! Otherwise you can click on each map name in the list below for a download link. This way everyone has the maps and won't get voted out. Keep in mind that I host from the east coast of the United States.

DM/TDM Server (offline)

VCTF Server (offline)

I'm starting with a small list of maps that many people probably already have to get this started. We can change up the map list any time if there is any interest here. If you're a PS3 player looking to play custom maps then join up! If you really want to see a map being played let me know!

I'll try to join as often as possible if only to encourage more people to play with mods. If possible add the maps Downpour and TempestX to the server, I love those maps . Good luck with the server.

BTW
    Leave some information regarding UT3MOD.com in the server description in case anyone joins and doesn't know where to find mods.

Comment

Mods are ruining some of the gameplay though. I guess that there is nothin wrong with playing custom maps, but the instagib, berserk, ammo mods make the gameplay terrible. Snakes you stick to matches without this garbage. Also, my PS3 always crashes saying that mods are too blame. I frown upon encouraging more players to play with mods. JMO. - Lunar Blackcat

Comment

Good idea, people have been complaining about not having servers with custom maps, I'll try to look up your server sometime.

I must be lucky, I have only had one crash due to a mod and it wasn't a mod I downloaded (it was one I was coding).

Comment

The game blames mods whenever it crashes regardless of the reason, I enjoy playing on pure servers but I love custom maps. The only problem is that most custom maps are on servers running a large number of mutators so I don't bother joining. This server is only running one mutator and it's not game changing, I'm more interested in the fact that it's a dedicated server encouraging people to play custom maps.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I just don't like servers running 7 crazy mutators. It just doesn't feel like UT to me. Every now and then that's fine but it seems like most people think that forcing a ton of mutators in a game is a good thing.

Anyway just got done playing some and even though the room filled up a couple times and everyone was saying it was very smooth I didn't always have people who had all the maps. So we played all stock maps lol. I want to host some other gametypes too, which I'll always have in the first post when I'm hosting.

Comment

Nice one, Grinchy! I agree with you guys - love all the custom maps but most of the mutators annoy me so I don't bother joining games running them I hope to be able to join on a regular basis, but if you're all in the 'States the ping may be too high - I'm in the UK? Also, I've no doubt I'll get my **** handed to me every time I join a map, but at least I'll get some experience

Comment

Gods of warfare server has all the new released warfare maps on it. Few people have them but one day we had like 8 people playing new maps it was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Teckniec View Post
                  Gods of warfare server has all the new released warfare maps on it. Few people have them but one day we had like 8 people playing new maps it was awesome
                  Ye, but gods of warfare falls under the server running X amount of mutators (Super Berserk, Uberboard, Dropitall, and Autohealth) with the new maps, I'd really rather just play some of those maps on a pure server.

Comment

this sounds like a great idea (feisar32 led me here) and will be checking back soon, just a question - can you still change the thread title? As i used to change the title of a thread of mine to let people know when it was updated...but it seems i can no longer do that. hopefully its not a "can change up to # times" sort of thing, or totally disabled...i sent a pm to wartourist, hopefully he'll shed more light.

If we can't change the thread title, i guess we can set email subscriptions for this thread and set up a filter for posts made by you - which is the most practical solution to the potential problem i can think of atm...

Comment

I was going to try not to post here until I had a new server up so I could bump it but I do plan on putting one up today anyway. Yeah you can change your thread title as much as you want.

When you click edit, you then have to click "Go Advanced" and then you can change the thread title

I also added DM-Nowhere to the deathmatch list, I'd love to try that out online.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                        I was going to try not to post here until I had a new server up so I could bump it but I do plan on putting one up today anyway. Yeah you can change your thread title as much as you want.

When you click edit, you then have to click "Go Advanced" and then you can change the thread title

I also added DM-Nowhere to the deathmatch list, I'd love to try that out online.
                        ah ****, and i got war tourist to do it for me and all! (he did it too) thanks anyway!

Comment

i love to join! unless you can make the maps in 1 downloadable mod, so i dont go download them 1 by 1 , it'll take time, so try to make them a map pack mod!

Comment

Took the server down, it was pretty unsuccessful. Might try another one later.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                              Took the server down, it was pretty unsuccessful. Might try another one later.
                              Keep, at it, and try advertising it on a few more forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X