Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting no sleep, this games too **** good!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play a lot.. This game is the best game out right now gameplay wise I think.. I enjoy playing deathmatch on servers with custom maps.. it really makes this game feel alive and have longevity. I really hope epic continues to support this game to the fullest and give us more patches, bonus packs, and think of ways to sell this game more and more ways to advertise it. We should all be promoting this game as much as possible. A lot of people are missing out on a great game.

Comment

Days should be 30 hrs long, then there would be 6 hours more to play UT3.

Sleep all you want when your dead. You have lots of time then.

Comment

WOW I am a fan but man guys get a life it's a game. hehehehe!!!

Comment

Friday nights are my late nights. I usually play a mixture of UT3, TF2, and some other random game. I just wish there were more people playing UT3. :-/ Sometimes it's hard to find a decent game.

Comment

I agree with you Champdee, I was still playing ut2004 and would not have discovered ut3 if my pc had'nt cooked itself.

I bought ut3 and never installed it, just went on playing the old ut2004 until my old pc died.
            When I got my new pc I tried it out of curiosity, I'd heard so much rubbishing of it. Obviously the patch made all the difference, I put the patch on straight away so did'nt suffer.

I could'nt believe how good it was, I hav'nt bothered going back to ut2004 at all.
            I play adventure games as well, and what amazed me was the scenery and effects are what I've always wanted in an adventure game and never got, but this is an FPS, just amazing!

I promote this game everyway I can, as you say, alot of people are missing out on a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by icufos View Post
              Getting no sleep as UT3 is too **** good.
              I was upto about 3am last night playing Deck which is too **** good!:
              Same here.. but afraid to log off in case I couldn't find a populated server with good ping again!

Game is absolutely fantastic but lack of online players kills it

Ravix976

Comment

The game is a ton of fun. And the mods can make it even more entertaining. I believe that the most fun I ever had playing is when I played Flatwars with low grav and Infinite Ammo. Redeemer missles were flying around all over the place as players were just lookin for guys hidin in vents and kitchen sinks. Also the map was made extremely well and is a blast against bots. The game does keep me up late mainly because when the rest of my clan are ready to play, its Midnight where im at. Rockstar Energydrinks and Extreme Caffiene Lattes are now a must have early mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravix976 View Post
                  Same here.. but afraid to log off in case I couldn't find a populated server with good ping again!

Game is absolutely fantastic but lack of online players kills it

Ravix976
                  Yeah I know what you mean, it's so underrated.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the insomnia support group, eh?
                    Oh yeah...
                    Epic is too good in making games indeed. I have slept less than 5 hours this night. It's actually terrible. On the long run, I mean.

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                    I have serious sleeping problems since I've become better in UT3, but for another reason (please don't laugh).
                    I have only had this problem with 1 game before, and that was Rome:Total War. And now the problem is back, with UT3.
                    I love this game so much, that when I go to bed, I can't sleep. Why? Well, because I start dreaming about the game (about VCTF to be more precise), but AWAKE. So in my mind plays a long vCTF battle, always with another 'script'. After about two hours I realise I'm still awake, curse myself and try to actually sleep. Then another game starts. It's so annoying And I don't even play much. I hear all you guys speaking of playing untill 1, 2, 3 or 4 AM but I usually play from 6 to 9 PM and from 7.30 to 8.00 AM...That really ain't all that much.

Man I hate this. I had it with Rome:Total War after a long and terrible campaign vs the Egyptians. I was in Turkey with Greece and I had these few small towns under my control there that kept being attacked by the Egyptians. They would besiege them, and no matter how many times their armies were larger (up to 10x the size of my armies!) I kept winning when they assaulted those towns (I was quite good). However I couldn't expand also because all these sieges kept my population from growing. So because I had to do this almost the same battle for like 30 times a week, I started "dreaming" of it AWAKE.

If anyone has some tips on this, please tell me !
                    Uh oh, sounds not that good. That's the problem with these games ... they grab you so intense you still feel their grip when going to sleep. I have problems like you aswell, sometimes I lie awake for hours.

Best against this is NOT to play UT before going to sleep. Seriously, don't do it. Read a boring book, take some medicine, chill and drop off. I know it's hard ... and I almost never succeed ... and then if I manage to go to sleep early I can't anyway, because I'm not used to it! Hard. But such is the fate of Unreal players :P

And if nothing helps, go get some Xanax, that will chill you down.

Comment

I'm glad I'm now working shifts where I start late in the evening and finish up about midnight or a little later - that means I can play until 5-6 or 7 am no problem (just got done now for the night). And on my days off...welll... where's the rolling eyes smilie at?

But yeah, every day after work I give it a few solid hours ******* this **** is better than most drugs

Comment

boys boys boys... i'm not lieing or joking when i am saying that i have played ut3 every night for 97 nights so far. yes thats right every night since Jan 3rd 2008. April 12th will be my 100 night streak of ut3 (if all goes well... wish me luck)... i usually play on Australian servers... for an hr or so after 10pm weekdays and longer during weekends... i just love the gameplay... GG

Comment

**** I never counted it like that but I definitely racked up some marathons, a bit of a small break when I moved to a new place and didnt have internet but hey I played tons against bots ))

I dont wanna count though, I like to stay in denial about my UT addiction, "oh it's just a fun pastime to relax after work, I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!" hehehehehe

Comment

yeah, who needs insomnia when you have ut3. i've been getting at least an hour a day since i got it. and never mind the additional hour or two i play 2k4ballisticweps. still kind of leery of playing online ut3 i'm kind of a speedbump on the information supertollroad.
                            still love both games though.!

Comment

You know how if you stay up for a real long time but keep drinking caffine how everything becomes really funny and you feel delirious? I played 2k4 with 3 people for 2 days with like 5 hours sleep and I can't remember if I was playing better or worse but everything was so funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X