Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting no sleep, this games too **** good!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting no sleep, this games too **** good!!

Getting no sleep as UT3 is too **** good.

I was upto about 3am last night playing Deck which is too **** good!

I am getting alot better which is nice. However, I'll still be sending Epic my coffee bill....because their too **** good at making games, bah!

I'm a fan of Gateway, but yeah, this game has the best DM'ing bar-none!

Comment

Very funny, you got a serious sense of wit there. yes, best DM'ing bar-none.

I agree, btw, Gateway if pretty **** good to.

Comment

heh, i couldnt sleep because i got an interview in 6 hours > <; should probably try to nap before then...

alot of times yeah, if I cant sleep, ill hop onto UT3 at 4-5am and play a few games against people overseas who have bad ping haha.

Comment

Lol MTL I do that too, well used to. I'm from Australia and sometimes when I look for an aussie server at 3 or 4 in the morning, I find that some are filled up with Americans and Europeans. The funny thing is that so many of them say things along the lines of "this server is so ****, I'm lagging so badly." Easy frags and fun times.

Comment

I must confess UT3 is so addictive I'm sleeping a lot less since UT3 has been released. For me it's common to go to sleep around 2 AM even when I have to get up at 7 AM due to school (glad my parents doesn't read this).

During the weekends I may play UT3 at like 3 AM and sleep until say 1 PM or so though.

Comment

I have serious sleeping problems since I've become better in UT3, but for another reason (please don't laugh).
              I have only had this problem with 1 game before, and that was Rome:Total War. And now the problem is back, with UT3.
              I love this game so much, that when I go to bed, I can't sleep. Why? Well, because I start dreaming about the game (about VCTF to be more precise), but AWAKE. So in my mind plays a long vCTF battle, always with another 'script'. After about two hours I realise I'm still awake, curse myself and try to actually sleep. Then another game starts. It's so annoying And I don't even play much. I hear all you guys speaking of playing untill 1, 2, 3 or 4 AM but I usually play from 6 to 9 PM and from 7.30 to 8.00 AM...That really ain't all that much.

Man I hate this. I had it with Rome:Total War after a long and terrible campaign vs the Egyptians. I was in Turkey with Greece and I had these few small towns under my control there that kept being attacked by the Egyptians. They would besiege them, and no matter how many times their armies were larger (up to 10x the size of my armies!) I kept winning when they assaulted those towns (I was quite good). However I couldn't expand also because all these sieges kept my population from growing. So because I had to do this almost the same battle for like 30 times a week, I started "dreaming" of it AWAKE.

If anyone has some tips on this, please tell me !

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                heh, i couldnt sleep because i got an interview in 6 hours > <; should probably try to nap before then...

alot of times yeah, if I cant sleep, ill hop onto UT3 at 4-5am and play a few games against people overseas who have bad ping haha.
                Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                Lol MTL I do that too, well used to. I'm from Australia and sometimes when I look for an aussie server at 3 or 4 in the morning, I find that some are filled up with Americans and Europeans. The funny thing is that so many of them say things along the lines of "this server is so ****, I'm lagging so badly." Easy frags and fun times.

i dont understand, if the ping is soooo bad, and if they experience lagg, then isnt that the same for u???? how can it be easy if u r lagging aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                  I have serious sleeping problems since I've become better in UT3, but for another reason (please don't laugh).
                  I have only had this problem with 1 game before, and that was Rome:Total War. And now the problem is back, with UT3.
                  I love this game so much, that when I go to bed, I can't sleep. Why? Well, because I start dreaming about the game (about VCTF to be more precise), but AWAKE. So in my mind plays a long vCTF battle, always with another 'script'. After about two hours I realise I'm still awake, curse myself and try to actually sleep. Then another game starts. It's so annoying And I don't even play much. I hear all you guys speaking of playing untill 1, 2, 3 or 4 AM but I usually play from 6 to 9 PM and from 7.30 to 8.00 AM...That really ain't all that much.

Man I hate this. I had it with Rome:Total War after a long and terrible campaign vs the Egyptians. I was in Turkey with Greece and I had these few small towns under my control there that kept being attacked by the Egyptians. They would besiege them, and no matter how many times their armies were larger (up to 10x the size of my armies!) I kept winning when they assaulted those towns (I was quite good). However I couldn't expand also because all these sieges kept my population from growing. So because I had to do this almost the same battle for like 30 times a week, I started "dreaming" of it AWAKE.

If anyone has some tips on this, please tell me !

i get the same sort of problems, when i am in class, i normally daydream of fragging people, jumping around, then laughing while i blow the ja-heebuss out of people with the reedemer.......... i make up my own little stroies with the maps and weapons, i cant help it though....... i keep missing out on important stuff that the teachers says........

Comment

Yep. I must play every day. This game is good. I guess i'll sleep when i'm dead, cause i wanna play ut3 while i'm alive. Everyday.
                    Since i caught my rig up to the necessary standard of computing power, i'm playin with a big grin on my face. And blisters on my fingers.

Comment

Yep, me to. I have to play ut3 at least once a day or I start to hurt real bad.
                      People come to find me now as I keep disappearing to play.This game has taken me back to the enthusiam I had with the first Unreal.

When I got my new pc thats when I really discovered ut3, as you said, as long as you got the hardwear for it, well, its beautiful.

There seems to be alot of new people playing later at night, I mean, new to UT in general, so even tho I'm not at my best at 3am in the morning, I can still fragg the hell outta them. Which is nice.

Comment

same problem here.... but last nite my brain finally shut down....I got home at 8:30pm lay in my bed to relax and didnt wake up until 9:00 AM today....Im feeling like brand new....ready to frag!!

Comment

Gah, I can't stand it! Too much ut3 love in this thread!

Comment

Well I'm playing UT2004 but do to ping and some disturbances(mostly "my team sucks" phrase) I can't play it 4 hours straight. Seems I gotta play individual game types! I will get on UT3 when I will get a better rig!
                            With Rome: Total War was different. I played a whole night once and slept for about 2 hours before this one I did play Black & White 1 non-stop whole night while(lost in the middle of the game and had to start over ) my brothers were sleeping in that room.(When they woke up they though I woke up at 7 AM and got to the PC like I always did though that was a long time ago and Black & White was)
                            I don't know there isn't such an effect in Unreal Tournament! Probably because I have no aim to do something for 4 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by R3SP3CT View Post
                              i dont understand, if the ping is soooo bad, and if they experience lagg, then isnt that the same for u???? how can it be easy if u r lagging aswell?

He isn't lagging because he is close to the server. It isn't the server that causes the lag, it's the players distance to the server, long distance = high ping. Incredible that people seems to lack this basic knowledge..

Comment

Working...
                              X