Domination & Double Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domination & Double Domination

May I ask when this is going to be released by Epic? Or when they plan on finishing it? or if they even working on it?

No one knows except for epic and they are not talking much other than we are working hard to add more content, we'll just have to wait and see

Comment

If any Domination will be back, I hope it will be Domination (the ut99 one). This was the best one of the two.

Comment

What is Domination? Didn't play previous UT's.

Comment

There's a Domination/Double Domination/Vehicle Domination mod being worked on, but I have no idea when it'll get released. There's a couple tech demos on Youtube.

Domination: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyK1mTcVPF4
          Double Dom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yc81LRRfJI

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
            What is Domination? Didn't play previous UT's.
            In Domination, there are a few capture points on the map. You touch them and they change to your team colour. You gain points by holding these capture points.

Double Domination has the same idea but it's slightly different. In order for your team to gain a point, your team has to hold all the capture points for a few seconds. After you do that, all the points reset and you have to recapture them.

Something like that. It's been years since I've played them.

Comment

I don't see any difference with TDM, except the fact of more then 2 teams, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
                I don't see any difference with TDM, except the fact of more then 2 teams, sorry.
                in TDM you get points by killing others. in DOM you get points by maintaining a certain point. This requires more coordination and teamplay.

Comment

I believe the UT3DOM mod team is shooting for a release date of April 10th.

Comment

4 days then. W0hoooo!

Comment

April 10th.
                      OMG April 10th! I hope so!

Comment

The mod actually looks quite well done from the video I've seen. They've gone to the effort to create nice looking ut99-like control points which is a very nice touch.

Comment

Oh that would be really awsome, hope to see it on the 10th then

Comment

Wow nice, thats soon!

Comment

I wish i has home and not on vacation now..

Comment

Working...
                              X