Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 360 - modding content

Hello guys,

I heard a lot of stuff about what is going on with the 360 version of UT3 and I know that nothing has been officially annonced yet. I saw an Interview where Mark Rein said that "it wasn't looking for mods on 360".

First, we do not know what is really going on behind the scenes and if this was a bit sarcastic to surprise the fans later or if it was totally looking bad for mods for 360. I also know, that Epic said many times that they wanted to make a great step in the gaming history by making modding content available for Consoles and this is the thing I believe the most and especially for the 360. With the X-Box Live services, the competitive aspects with MLG (all the mlg fans around the world)... the 360 is definatetaly in my point of view the console that could take the most advantage of this possible Feature.

If the 360 version couldn't have a similar feature to get modding content like the PS3, would it be possible [please Mark ] to make some kind of contests for Maps, mutators and mods to select the best stuff to finally make all this available on X-Box Live? It may have many other solutions, but this is the only one I actually see for the moment.

The game isn't released yet, but if the 360 doesn't have this feature, UT3 360 would probably be missing a totally HUGE oppourtunity to outsell any other FPS or non-FPS games.

Good luck with your work on the 360 version guys, good luck in dealing with Microsoft and we are always supporting you guys.

Instead of custom mods on flash drives and whatnot, I'd honestly prefer DLC (the best community maps/mutators etc) available for download on XBL too.

Comment

i dont see the 360 gettin mods, its m$ they dont have an open network, that would mean changing the way xbl runs.

Comment

Originally posted by SeRpEnT_SiCkNeSs View Post
        i dont see the 360 gettin mods, its m$ they dont have an open network, that would mean changing the way xbl runs.
        And this is exactly why I posted this .

Comment

if they make the xbl open m$ is in a dangrous poistion as there sever could me mod'ed and M$ sytem has lot of virus, and the whole xbl can go down, i dont see what wrong with flash drive mods. mine works fine.

plus this would be challenge halo forge mode so maybe m$ does not want this threat.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire1 View Post
            if they make the xbl open m$ is in a dangrous poistion as there sever could me mod'ed and M$ sytem has lot of virus, and the whole xbl can go down, i dont see what wrong with flash drive mods. mine works fine.

plus this would be challenge halo forge mode so maybe m$ does not want this threat.
            I don't see anything wrong with flash drive mods.

If Microsoft forces the Developers to NOT create any Lobby System similar or better to Halo 2 & 3, it would definately be a dirty trick. If they are also obligating Epic Games to not release anything related to modding content on the 360 to keep Halo 3 Forge in the run, it's not really Professional.

Comment

Originally posted by SeRpEnT_SiCkNeSs View Post
              They are changing that with XNA 3.0. So I don't see why it would eb so hard for people to submit content. The only thing that I see Microsoft being concernced about is person X taking person Y's map which may have been cooked only for PC and cooking it for 360, and then taking credit for it. Something I see the PS3 community doing on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by SAHChandler View Post
                They are changing that with XNA 3.0. So I don't see why it would eb so hard for people to submit content. The only thing that I see Microsoft being concernced about is person X taking person Y's map which may have been cooked only for PC and cooking it for 360, and then taking credit for it. Something I see the PS3 community doing on a regular basis.
                Create custom content and write your name on the wall of your map LOL (joking)

Comment

Working...
                X