A few questions from a forum/UT3 newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions from a forum/UT3 newcomer

I have long played the UT series along with many of my friends,but after hearing them complain about so many issues concerning UT3 for pc I have had second thoughts about buying the game.My 10 year old son plays it on the ps3 and he luvs it,but I am a pc only guy.

1.Is there still no swap fire mode for each weapon since I have grown accustomed to this over the years and really do not want to relearn something that has been so integrated into my play style?

2.Are the admin problems fixed?Can we still get our custom content to our players w/out taxing the game server?(different host-Redirect)

Can anyone give me some basic positive and negative points about UT3 for pc (excluding WAR) that you think an unbiased website review would not include or you think may be important for someone contemplating purchasing the pc game?(played all previous UT's)

Thanks.

1. If you were a real UT fan you wouldn't have second thoughts about buying the game.

2.Take some time and read the forums, I'm sure it is better for you to read everybody's complain threads instead of asking people to point out things just for you.

[Edit]...

I bought the collector's edition without even thinking twice of buying it, I'm very happy with it and I have alot of fun playing the game online and offline as well.

Yes the game has less content than the previous version and yes it has its problems, but that is being gradually fixed by Epic and theres alot of content done by the community as well.

So overall .... Unreal Tournament 3 is ****ing awesome no doubt about it.

Comment

1. There's always been alternate fire for each weapon; I'm not sure why anyone would say otherwise.

2. Yes, they've fixed the redirect issue.

Try the beta demo, keeping in mind that some issues have been resolved with it. Aside from some minor tweaks, the core game play is the same. If you like the way it plays, buy the game. Or, try out your son's PS3 copy. Then imagine that like 20% faster.

Comment

i find that offenive, ps3 can handle ut3, and there are mods out there that make it faster look on ut3mods.com, so if you want to make it faster then go a head i have no problem with it at the mo, brill game, i just laugh that it not on the 360, and mind not get the mod because M$ does not want to ruin there so could great XBL. but this game wont apeal to halo fan boy as they might argue that forge mode it all they need

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
          1. There's always been alternate fire for each weapon; I'm not sure why anyone would say otherwise.
          I think he wants a mutator that swaps the fire modes (eg: so the Link beam would be primary and the bolts secondary.)
          Apparently some people are obsessed with this. Shouldn't be too hard a mutator to make if people really wanted it.

Originally posted by hellfire1 View Post
          i find that offenive, ps3 can handle ut3, and there are mods out there that make it faster look on ut3mods.com, so if you want to make it faster then go a head i have no problem with it at the mo, brill game,
          Grow a thicker skin. The PS3 version is, by default, slower, therefore, if he just hops on it and plays w/o tracking down and installing some specific mutator, he's going to need to imagine it playing a little faster. It's not some stupid attitude, or an insult at the PS3 (like your little rant on MS) it's a statement of fact.
          To get an idea of the PC version from the default config of the PS3 version, he'll have to imagine it faster.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfire1 View Post
            i find that offenive, ps3 can handle ut3, and there are mods out there that make it faster look on ut3mods.com, so if you want to make it faster then go a head i have no problem with it at the mo, brill game, i just laugh that it not on the 360, and mind not get the mod because M$ does not want to ruin there so could great XBL. but this game wont apeal to halo fan boy as they might argue that forge mode it all they need
            Sorry but Forge is a cool and friendly tool to modify the stuff in a map, but it does not allow you to modify the mpas the yway you want it and, unfortunately, you cannot modify the game itself. What is pretty bad, because the Halo 3 gameplays aren't great at all.

Comment

I would say, that UT3 has nearly the same gameplay like UT99 has. It took me some time to get into UT3 after playing UT2003/UT2004 for ages. I got back to the oldschool gameplay style and use this UT99 weapon mutator, to get at least 3 weapons to be fully ut99 style again. I'm loving it and so do I love UT3 ^_^. Everyone has his own oppinion about UT3, like many people call it "**** Tournament". But who cares? I would recommend either playing your son's ps3 copy or trying out the Beta Demo.

Comment

positive points on UT3: pwning ! the game play is way more intense than UT2004 ever was.
                downside? getting pwned ! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

get in here! I take it your a ONS / WAR player?
                dude its a rompin stompin fragfest!
                you're missing out!

and i too, am a PC only guy when it comes to gaming.
                bought the game as soon as i had the money!
                wasnt even a thought, it was automatic.

BUY IT!

Comment

Working...
                X