Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please remake Phobos2 - please please PLEASE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please remake Phobos2 - please please PLEASE!!!!

I loved this map from UT2004, lots of tight corridors spiraling around the open "pit", with the sniper friendly low gravity upper section, just a perfectly balanced deathmatch level with lots of vertical combat... can someone with the knowledge and skills PLEASE remake this map for UT3? Please pretty please with sugar on top, PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSE!!!

Johnny

I would much prefer a remake of the original Phobos... I loved Phobos I, but didn't fancy Phobos II at all... Phobos II just didn't afford the same openness of space that the first did.

Comment

The original Phobos is much better indeed, chri is working on a remake:
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ghlight=phobos

Comment

Hmm, isn't there already a space map in UT3 which is very similar to Phobos? The one with the two gravity-less fields on the roof which leads to a sniper rifle, isn't that pretty much what Phobos had? I'd rather see more simple maps, like Liandri.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
          Hmm, isn't there already a space map in UT3 which is very similar to Phobos? I'd rather see more simple maps, like Liandri.
          DM-Deimos.

It's sort of the remake of Phobos.

The two moons of Mars are named Phobos and Deimos.

However, whereas the Phobos map had an artificial satellite orbiting around a red planet, the Deimos map doesn't have any real connection to Mars other than the name...

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
            DM-Deimos.

It's sort of the remake of Phobos.

The two moons of Mars are named Phobos and Deimos.

However, whereas the Phobos map had an artificial satellite orbiting around a red planet, the Deimos map doesn't have any real connection to Mars other than the name...
            Oh, aha. Hmm, i kinda liked Phobos 1 more than the second one too, but i think Deimos is better than both of them. It feels both bigger and with just as small and nasty corridors as Phobos had, more elements in Deimos in general, in my opinion.

Comment

just got done playin that level on the ut99 demo at school lol.

Comment

Phobos and Phobos II are both cool map versions Would love to see more old maps from UT99 and UT2004 to be remade for UT3.

Comment

Working...
                X