No announcement yet.

The Abracadabra: the first UT3 movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the greatest frags in the world, but that's not what it's meant for. It's meant to show how well the game looks and it succeeded with that fully.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
      Again.. Awesome vid.. please keep us posted on whether you won the competition or not..
      he didn't win. a UT2004 video won, called 1336.Z

Comment

Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
        he didn't win. a UT2004 video won, called 1336.Z
        lol wtf, I guess it was only decided by _editing_ because content in 1336.Z was really weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter^ View Post
          lol wtf, I guess it was only decided by _editing_ because content in 1336.Z was really weak.
          I agree, the content in the abracadabra was wayyyyyyyyy better. Btw, assuming your |-| unter from the game, your rockets are awesome man!!

Comment

There was a lot of work put into this video seeing as how demo record is broken. I don't know how they fixed it or pulled it off. Any way good to see a frag video for this game. Tewic, maybe make some movies.

Comment

Awesome vid

There were some custom maps in there, weren't there? If there was, can you tell me the names? Sorry if it's all retail stuff and I'm just losing my marbles...

Comment

A lot of the frags were on either custom maps, or re-optimized ones, as the Epic ones were generally poorly optimized and the performances of the stock maps aren't optimized for competition. Also, stuff such as the Darkwalker on Heatray are removed, etc.

I'm gonna make a list of all the maps in order of appearance:

Air rocket (Hunter)- DM-Penetrated (but i think it's LE)
                Double Kill into Air rox (Freeman)- DM-Diesel (I think it's duel edition)
                Final Flagrun (pure/SR)- CTF-Reflection-FPS
                Mega Sniper (daddy)- DM-Deck-FPS
                M-M-M-M.... (K0Xz)- DM-Defiance (you know this )
                Rocketbounce (Hunterkiller)- Some old custom 1v1 map that's not used in tournaments anymore.
                Everything later in the movie is either on a stock map or one i've covered, except i'm pretty sure the Heatray scene was on the TE version.

Comment

nice vid man - who did the post production work?

Comment

Originally posted by mobusta View Post
                    I agree, the content in the abracadabra was wayyyyyyyyy better. Btw, assuming your |-| unter from the game, your rockets are awesome man!!
                    thx, they were actually just casual games when me and rocco-d tried out the first decent custom maps (1on1) and I had demorec on.

Originally posted by xtruder_Rocketbounce
                    (Hunterkiller)- Some old custom 1v1 map that's not used in tournaments anymore.
                    It's 1on1-Acquisition-a2 made by Slainchild. It's one of my favourite maps, but it wasn't finished and I guess therefore it didn't made to mappools.

Comment

Originally posted by m3fs View Post
                      nice vid man - who did the post production work?
                      I did the whole thing

Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
                      Double Kill into Air rox (Freeman)- DM-Diesel (I think it's duel edition)
                      Nope, it was the original version (CB NC TDM match between Sweden and Italy)

Comment

sequel plz.

This is the only decent ut3 frag movie out right now.

Comment

Cant see the video, I tried using VLC and divx player, neither work, and download from each link, no dice.

Comment

Wow! Impressive video!

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
                              sequel plz.

This is the only decent ut3 frag movie out right now.
                              with competitive community hibernating and without clientside demorec (or easier access to serverside demos for players), I doubt there's going to be sequel anytime soon. All we can hope is that epic makes a big patch fixing most of those critical issues and players would revive the community after summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X