next bonus pack request: make a true assult map for warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next bonus pack request: make a true assult map for warfare

Bring us an old style 2 round-based assult map for warfare... so mappers can start building true assult maps base on it...

Base on the screenshot of coldharbor in the main site... you can turn that one into a real assult map...

that's actually a great idea, but warfare can't be without the powercores, so they will stay anyway

what about a warfare map in space?

Comment

Yes you have to have powercores but you can hide them out of sight and destroy them with kismet based on an action of some kind. So it is quite possible.

Some people are probably going to think I'm crazy, but I think myself and my entire clan would like to see some more one prime node small maps.

Comment

Epic,

Make the aforementioned assault map based on the necris invasion shown in the cutscenes before Reaper starts yelling at Malcolm. You could reuse those assets, and it would look amazing.

Comment

A proof of concept AS map from epic would be a real treat for the modding community, even if the map itself isn't that good it would open the doors to the creation of a plethora of amazing AS maps

Comment

I would like to see more Assault style maps too. I think the biggest problem with doing this is the scoring: It works fine for symmetrical maps like Tank Crossing, but asymmetrical maps like Islander don't work well because one side has an advantage, so it usually goes to three rounds and whoever had the advantageous side first wins. To fix that, the number of rounds should always be even.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
              I would like to see more Assault style maps too. I think the biggest problem with doing this is the scoring: It works fine for symmetrical maps like Tank Crossing, but asymmetrical maps like Islander don't work well because one side has an advantage, so it usually goes to three rounds and whoever had the advantageous side first wins. To fix that, the number of rounds should always be even.
              exactly... odd number of rounds does not work on map like islander.. whoever on the vehicle side wins.. if the team plays properly lol....

scoring shouldn't be a problem if the scoring code is flaxible... theoratically speaking... by the end of second round.. they just have add extra X score for winner team to meet the end game score requirement.. for example.. if the game ends at 3 points... the system adds 1 extra point for winner team to end the game...

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
              Yes you have to have powercores but you can hide them out of sight and destroy them with kismet based on an action of some kind. So it is quite possible.

Ya... War-MushroomKindom did that to duplicate 2k4's AS-MushroomKindom ... but it's not assult anymore because both team attacks at the same time.. It's more like a race to end point..

Comment

I'm not a modder but I'm sure it can be done properly. Just give one side a route to "destroy the core" and don't give it to the other side. Rotate sides each round. Base winning on the time it takes to complete the objective (this part I'm not so sure about).

Comment

this thread deserves major bumpage.

Comment

bump

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    this thread deserves major bumpage.

10 characters

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
                      what about a warfare map in space?
                      Now thats definatly something id like to see aswell

Comment

Originally posted by AdZ View Post
                        Now thats definatly something id like to see aswell
                        community mappers can do a space warfare if they want... but we are struggling with true assult map for warfare... so a demostration from epic will be appreciated...

one map with 3 - 5 different classic objectives... I think that's all warfare mappers need to start their assult warfare map..

Comment

Originally posted by heyqule View Post
                          community mappers can do a space warfare if they want... but we are struggling with true assult map for warfare... so a demostration from epic will be appreciated...

one map with 3 - 5 different classic objectives... I think that's all warfare mappers need to start their assult warfare map..
                          I'm a little afraid that Tank Crossing (and maps like it) might've been what they were referring to when they said Assault maps could be made in Warfare.

Comment

There was one proof-of-concept assault map that was posted in the beta releases section called WAR-Infiltration.

It involves one team trying to 'infiltrate' a building and destroy the nodes contained within. After you destroy some nodes, I believe the entrance to the main 'core' area opens (I only tested the map once back when it was first posted). Then after you destroy the 'core', you win the match and the teams switch sides.

The assault aspect is certainly there. The nodes in Infiltration are off the ground. It's not possible for the infiltrating team to score the node for their team, for example. And the 'core' isn't just a round, spinning ball, but more of a set of nodes near the top of the room. Something like that. And the infiltrating team has no core.

The problem is that it's really not a good map. There's a lot of empty space that serves no purpose and the node areas are too open. The defending team spawns in the core room, which would make destroying the thing a pain with the defense team continually respawning in there. But the proof-of-concept is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                              well... the closest community mapper can get is assult oriented warfare... IMO.. the root of assult is a race between the both team's assult progress... not just attack/defend..

There is another assult oriented map called WAR-MushroomKingdom(ported from 2k4) which has more varieties...like collect coins, drive vehicle to a destination... it plays like Tank Crossing... a race to final objective...

The major problem here has scoring, which make them not 2 rounds based assult, because of the warfare's ONS nature. Unless epic allow mapper to modify the scoring system via kismet... I don't see the possiblity of making a true assult map for warfare...

Comment

Working...
                              X