Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 8.3 driver issue(with and without hotfix)HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalyst 8.3 driver issue(with and without hotfix)HELP PLEASE!

Ok, maybe someone can help me shed some light on an issue Im having with the 8.3 driver, before and after the hotfix. For some reason after I install the drivers(just the 8.3 related) my processor goes to ****. In 3dmark06 my processor score drops from 2422(with 8.2 beta) down to 1690 after the 8.3(including the hotfix). WTF. It makes no sense to me why a benchmark test aimed at the processor is affected so greatly by the GPU driver. Ive also tested performance ingame, and its terrible. Places where I would normally be getting 90fps, now Im getting 30's and lower. Now I will list some info that you may be wondering about.

OS- WinXP 32 home
    MoBo- M2A-MVP 480X chipset crossfire at 8X(sucks i need a new board)
    PCI-E/GPU's- 2.0 on both slots. 2 3870's (sapphire)
    Processor- 6400+ BE 3.2 (stock, no OC) temp peaks at 48 degrees under load
    Power Supply- 750w thermaltake 20amp/rail
    Fan control- Rivatuner 2.06 Both fans set to 70%
    GPU Temperatures- 35 idle/50 load
    Cooling- 6 case fans. Rear and top fans suck air out. Front and sides blow cold air into the case. CPU cooler is a zalman cnps9700 NT.

I have never had any problem like this before at all with previous catalysts. I think the 8.3 driver is just messed up for me for some reason. Any ideas? Anyone?

I would reload. lol.

I have been having problems with drivers for ati and ut3.

Ati tool 0.27b2 for xp and beta 4 for vista, I think.

8.3 would make ut3 crash in Vista till I reloaded, i had no problems in xp at all.

(cept for the spammer stuff)

The hotfix you are talking about, would wreck vista when I installed it?

Still fresh reloads are so nice.

Comment

hmm well tested out the hotfix driver today and didnt notice an "improvement". The only noticable difference was UT3 crashed more often...
      back to 8.2beta haha~!

i suggest, that if u arent already, you should use a driver sweeper after uninstalling the video driver, and then install the new one?

Comment

do you have AA on?

Comment

AHHHH~!well i just threw a massive fit a while ago.
          Im tired of these BS drivers freezing my game~!
          I was thinking of going Crossfire for my next computer, but the way these drivers are coming out lately, im starting to lean toward Nvidia now, serisouly.
          or is that a lame excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
            AHHHH~!well i just threw a massive fit a while ago.
            Im tired of these BS drivers freezing my game~!
            I was thinking of going Crossfire for my next computer, but the way these drivers are coming out lately, im starting to lean toward Nvidia now, serisouly.
            or is that a lame excuse?
            The catalyst drivers will get better with time. What you were saying about going with nvidia. Right now I would recommend 2 9600gt's. Its the best bang for the buck right now. 350$ for 2 cards that come close to the 9800gx2 performance wise.(cant go wrong here) http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3266&p=4

Comment

Working...
            X