No announcement yet.

sorry for this odd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try to play servers with ping less than 100.
    at around 150 youll notice shock rifle delay in the shot and seeing the beam.
    over 150 it gets much worse.

also try lowering your ingame graphics settings. i play textures 3 and world 2
    i know others play at higher settings but i lean to fps rather than eye candy.
    esp since i make videos, the frame rate HAS to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by god smack View Post
      and how to see if a video card is good or not? i always seen the ram capacity and nothing else...
      I know this wasnt in the title but can u help me anyway plz?
      The ram capacity, to me, is more of comparison between the same card then others. It's a small tweak to that card to improve it's performance compared to the original design of the card. The name/number will help decide how good the card is. You want to get the highest name/number card before looking at the ram capacity. A 8800 card with 256 ram will be better than a 7800 card with 512 ram.

Be careful with ATI/Radeon, for their cards make sure they have an "X" before the number or says "HD" in the name/number. There's some 9500-9800 cards still floating around.

Comment

thank you all for the help
        2 more things plz: at how much fps is good to play at ut3(the max i get is 15 with all at 1 )and whats ms(it is located under fps when u type "stst fps"The counseled requisites where an ATI x1300 or more! i thought that with a x1650 that would be fine! I didnt expected to play at max settings, but at least medium settings with good framerate...
        Im really disappinted...
        Anyway sorry if i typed something wrong but i dont speak english.
        And when i went to see the word pad of the game (dunno how to call it) i saw that my video card should support level 3 settings, well at least as long as i could see...if any1 could check in compatibilities(it is not in the game) would do really a favor to me!
        Thank u to anyone can help.

Comment

Ping is the time it takes for information to be sent from your PC to the server and back again. So lower is therefor better.

ms means milliseconds. Im not sure but i might meant the time it takes to render one frame? I've no idea, thats a total guess. Whats really important is the fps though and you really want 60. I'm afraid.

You really need to upgrade if your getting a low fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweakd View Post
            Ping is the time it takes for information to be sent from your PC to the server and back again. So lower is therefor better.

ms means milliseconds. Im not sure but i might meant the time it takes to render one frame? I've no idea, thats a total guess. Whats really important is the fps though and you really want 60. I'm afraid.

You really need to upgrade if your getting a low fps.
            the ms he's mentioning is the ms time under the FPS after a "stat fps"

Comment

and i see you now saw that.. lol

Comment

at how much fps is worth playing?
                i get killed even by noobs at 10!

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
                  the ms he's mentioning is the ms time under the FPS after a "stat fps"
                  Yeah i know. I thought it meant time to render one frame but like i said, it's a guess.

at how much fps is worth playing?
                  I already told you, 60.

Comment

Not true. My FPS never goes above 33, but I'm used to it and I'm not bad or something. Really, it goes quite smooth.

Comment

Ideally 60 is the desirable rate as it's the default refresh rate for most monitors. But ok you CAN get away with lower, but i won't settle for less than 60. Luckily for me i can afford the hardware ofc.

Comment

thank you sniper
                        so i have to buy a new one....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                        ok i dont really want to start a new thread so can some1 tell me a good card for the game?(at least with setting 3 and not too much expensive )
                        I anyway thank anyone helped me this far i really appreciate this.(Should I get snipers card?I have a 2.4 dual core so it should be fine with me)

Comment

Im trying this solution: resolution for the screen at 800/600, quality video of 3 without nothing else active and a fps of 35-40 while on foot or hover, 23-28 while in a vehicle.
                          What you think?(resolution isnt that bad, at least i can shoot )

Comment

Working...
                          X