sorry for this odd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry for this odd question

sorry for the stupid question but i dont know if its possible to show the frame rate per second during the game or to see anyway how much fps i got during playing. I need it because the game runs a bit slow. Thanx to anyone that helps

While in game, press f10 and type: stat fps
    Its not an odd question, in fact its rather common. Its a shame its not mentioned in the manual

Comment

thank you it works(no doubts about it ).but i saw 2 things:
      1)FPS(its always about 6-10 in game,20-22 while im in the menu
      2)ms(costantly above 100 in game, 50-40 while im at the menu
      i think i should see FPS but not sure...i hope not =)

Comment

if you're asking about ps3, i have no idea.

for PC, hit f10 (default console unless you bound it to something else) and type stat fps

Comment

What are your system specs? 6-10 is pretty low. Make sure you turn of frame sync on the "advanced" options.

Comment

nightmare u mean v-sync? if it actually i put it down(didnt know what was that)
            I have Q660 dual core 2.4GHZ , ATI RADEON x1650 series, 2GB RAM and ,, Vista...

Comment

the processor, ram and OS are fine, but i know nothing of ATI cards..

Comment

np. my card is a 1GB 512mb dedicated
                Another question:its better having much ping or little ping?
                sorry for those questions but i almost know nothing about palying on internet

Comment

Originally posted by god smack View Post
                  No reason to apologize, everyone who first started gaming on the PC has asked those questions.

A lower ping is better then a higher ping.

EG:
                  A ping of 50 is better then a ping of 250

Comment

oh ok thank you =)
                    i thought the complete opposite =)

Comment

As for the Vid card, you will most likely need to upgrade to get better FPS. I use to have the x1650 PRO, averaging around 20 in game. Here's link to how the card compare to each other. I would try to get one that's closest to the highest within your budget. The article suggest getting a card a least 3 tiers up from the one you got otherwise it's not really worth the upgrade. x1650 isn't listed so I would go by the x1650 PRO's status.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/...ics/page8.html

You want as low a ping as possible. This is the time it takes your PC/PS3 to communicate with the server. The higher the ping the longer it takes for your PC/PS3 to send and receive data from the server.

Comment

well i saw the site thanx for the link and i have to say atm my budjet is very limited so i cant afford a good video card but is it possible to use more than 1 video card on the same comp to raise the fps?

Comment

and how to see if a video card is good or not? i always seen the ram capacity and nothing else...
                          I know this wasnt in the title but can u help me anyway plz?

Comment

well i saw the site thanx for the link and i have to say atm my budjet is very limited so i cant afford a good video card but is it possible to use more than 1 video card on the same comp to raise the fps?
                            Yes, it is possible but the video cards have to be SLI compatible and have 2 PC slots open next to each other. Unfortunately, I believe this is only available with the latest cards coming out for the ATI brand. Nvidia, I believe the 6 series and up are capable of SLI setup. < I would check on this before buying to be safe.

Comment

SLI: 2, or 3 Nvidia cards linked together performing like one card.
                              Crossfire: 2 ATI cards linked together, doing the same.
                              BOTH require specific motherboard chipsets to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X