No announcement yet.

Control pad on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave them play as they want already I agree that somebody who has 10 years of practice with KBM is better than somebody who has 10 years of practice with a gamepad, and myself I can't play with a gamepad at all. But somebody with 10 years of gamepad experience and less than 1 year of KBM experience will be better off with the gamepad, and even if he'd switch he'd need at least another week or so to be better with KBM

The UT3 Tweaker allows you to assign your gamepad as well.

Comment

keyboard and mouse IS better, but I would probaly still own half of you.

Comment

I use the 360 controller when I just want to sit back and relax... or actually have a challenge on pubs. Not that I'm AMAZING, but I know all the maps, I'm an escape-artist, and I tend to control whatever I feel like. Rare on pubs.

Sadly, there is no auto-dodge feature for PC yet, which makes dodging on a gamepad suck.

Comment

As I said before, with the Belkin Nostromo n50 and n52 I can kick some serious butt. It has a directional pad and a number of programmable keyboard like keys. I’ve ripped many of players a new one with these speed pads.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
            Im using the 360 controller. Ive even broke into the top 100 5-6 times.
            Well, the 'UT3 Top 100 is False' thread rings a bell. I don't doubt that you're great with a gamepad though.

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
            Sadly, there is no auto-dodge feature for PC yet, which makes dodging on a gamepad suck.
            The difference between the PC and the console version is that the PC version shouldn't have auto-anything. Is there a way to set up macros with the 360 controller?

Comment

Can't some people play for fun any more? I am aware that KB/M is the best way to excel at the game. However, I'm playing for fun and using the 360 controller is just a bit more relaxing for me now.

At any rate, my question is about dodging...is there any way to disable it altogether? With the controller I seem to get random dodges when I'm just moving about. In the menus, I've throttled down the double-click time to the lowest (such that I have difficulty *intentionally* dodging) but it still happens.

Thanks!

Comment

I recommend a gamepad AND mouse combo with Xpadder. I think I might try that sweet n52 SpeedPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdrewmungus View Post
                  I recommend a gamepad AND mouse combo with Xpadder. I think I might try that sweet n52 SpeedPad.
                  that's how I play.......I have a controller that has more buttons than the typical 360 controller and I use the mouse to aim and shoot

Comment

You could always use a PS3 remote... you'd have to search the internet for the drivers though.

Comment

Working...
                    X