Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control pad on PC

Hi.
    I'd like to try playing my pc version of ut3 with a control pad. Is this possible?

Yeah it's possible but you would be crazy to do it. Still if you really want to then the Xbox 360 controller solution is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
      Hi.
      I'd like to try playing my pc version of ut3 with a control pad.

ROFL

Comment

Also you could Download "XPadder" and define the Controller Keys as You want... It Works

But it still Crazy to play UT with Controller on a danm PC!

Comment

that just sounds sadistic

Comment

I have used the Belkin n50 / n52 series of speed pads in UT for quite some time and with great success. I can use either the speed pad or a keyboard. After switching to Vista Home Premium early on the Belkin controller got a little flaky duo to poor drivers so I stopped using it but I think they have their Vista drivers together now.

I currently have a number of Belkin n50 speed pad controllers and a couple of n52 speed pad controllers but they recently came out with the new Razer powered n52TE :

Belkin F8GFPC100 Nostromo n52 SpeedPad - Retail

Belkin F8GFPC200 N52TE Tournament Edition - Retail

If you have an expensive keyboard like the "Logitech DiNovo Edge" and don’t want to pound on its keys when playing UT an n52 / n52TE can be a good choice.

I wouldn’t bother with standard game pads though,….

Comment

I tried using a pad with UT04. Horrible, horrible experience. Don't
              waste your time.

Comment

Im using the 360 controller. Ive even broke into the top 100 5-6 times.

Comment

lol maybe he's so good he needs to handicap himself for a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by natureboystyle05 View Post
                    lol maybe he's so good he needs to handicap himself for a challenge
                    Or he's just better at a gamepad than he is at Mouse and Keyboard.

It *does* happen every once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                      Or he's just better at a gamepad than he is at Mouse and Keyboard.

It *does* happen every once in a blue moon.
                      It just means you haven't been using a keyboard/mouse setup long enough.

Comment

It just means you haven't been using a keyboard/mouse setup long enough
                        QFT

He would do much better if had spent the same amount of time on a kbm.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                          Im using the 360 controller. Ive even broke into the top 100 5-6 times.
                          When will people realise, stats mean nothing. Have 1v1s and scrims with good people, and judge it by that.

Comment

ya I want to use a joystick too. AS said in patch 1.1 youshould go in UTEngine.ini and then set Allowjoystickinput=1.
                            Sadly it doesnt work for me but you can still try and seeit by yourself. Let meknow if you succeed that way.
                            And guys he wanted help messages not messages that say him not to do that...

Comment

trust me mouse and keyboard is better

Comment

Working...
                              X