INSTAGIB on the ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTAGIB on the ps3

why on earth has there gotta be so may dedicated normal weapons servers,and no instagib servers.me for 1 only play instagib and i dare say there are a lot of us what only play instagib,so what im asking epic for is to supply a couple of dedicated servers for instagib on both stateside and europe,ie itdm,idm and ictf,would be cool,because at this present time sucks to keep having to host your own server,1 being that the person who hosts has a advantage,or if u r hosting and wanna leave u cant because it wouldnt b fair on the players that r playing on your server,SO PLS EPIC SUPPLY US INSTAGIB PLAYERS A SERVER and pls to all the instagib players put your comments and maybe epic will supply a couple of dedicated servers for both the eu and the states

also i must mention im a kb/m player

I wish Epic did this on PC as well.

Not necessarily IG, since on PC its almost more common than default, but a few of the popular mutator-setups could be supported. Ie: A low-grav IG DM server, with a small player cap. A no orbs warfare server...

Comment

After suggesting 8 player servers they actually put some up along with 12 player servers. So it looks like they actually consider suggestions like this. I wish the 8 and 12 player servers weren't all EU ones, but it's cool nonetheless.

It would be kinda cool to see some IG servers but I wonder how popular they'd be on PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
        I wish Epic did this on PC as well.

Not necessarily IG, since on PC its almost more common than default, but a few of the popular mutator-setups could be supported. Ie: A low-grav IG DM server, with a small player cap. A no orbs warfare server...
        one of my biggest dislikes for warfare is that the only populated servers are 24, 32, and 64 man servers with 0 mutators. insta-warfare would be fun and challenging, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
          one of my biggest dislikes for warfare is that the only populated servers are 24, 32, and 64 man servers with 0 mutators. insta-warfare would be fun and challenging, imo.
          I meant to post a suggestion for insta-warfire a while back. If someone could tweak the rifle to make it act like an EMP when it hits vehicles (w/o knocking people on their feet-- that'd be too easy).

But yeah, I'd love some 12 man warfare servers, although then they'd probably never be filled. 16 man would be a nice balance between what I want and what will actually get played.

The game was designed with max#players of 16 in mind, not higher.

Comment

What is "instagib"?

Comment

Originally posted by Teckniec View Post
              What is "instagib"?
              modified shock rifle that insta-kills you no matter where you are hit.. it can help your reaction times, aiming, and dodging skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Teckniec View Post
                What is "instagib"?
                It's a weapon that people use that doesn't require any skill to use. Point, shot, hit target dead. Pretty noobish if you ask me.

Comment

It's a weapon that people use that doesn't require any skill to use.
                  Well to be exact it requires you to have quicker, more accurate aim than your opponent and less predictable movement. But apart from that it's very simple yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
                    It's a weapon that people use that doesn't require any skill to use. Point, shot, hit target dead. Pretty noobish if you ask me.
                    not exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by 13th_Disciple View Post
                      not exactly.
                      Please explain the skill aspect is using this weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by KayoticKiller View Post
                        Please explain the skill aspect is using this weapon?
                        I would say that good movement and dead aim denotes the skill of the instagib rifle. Due to its low ROF missing the opponent even once can be the difference between life and death. However with gimped dodging ability and aim assist on the ps3 I cant say it holds that skill the pc version has.

The lack of dedicated server is another issue that makes the ps3 version a rather unfair match as well. The host of the listen server gets a substantial advantage over his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                          I would say that good movement and dead aim denotes the skill of the instagib rifle. Due to its low ROF missing the opponent even once can be the difference between life and death. However with gimped dodging ability and aim assist on the ps3 I cant say it holds that skill the pc version has.

The lack of dedicated server is another issue that makes the ps3 version a rather unfair match as well. The host of the listen server gets a substantial advantage over his opponents.
                          I'd like to say, that I still have not found the supposed "aim assist/auto aim" feature that the ps3 "has". I guess my copy of UT III for the ps3 is the only one without it. I have said in the past and will say it again, until I see offical documentation or see a post from Epic that says the game does indeed have "auto aim" or "aim assist" i don't buy it.

Back to the topic at hand. Doesn't an 'insta kill' weapon such as this level the playing field for those players that have spent hours, days, months honing their abilities on UT III to brand new players who have just picked up the game?

Edit: You also mentioned good movement and dead aim being a skill factor of using the Instagib, but couldn't the same thing be said for using the sniper rifle? Which doesn't insta kill an opponent? I would say that using the sniper rifle without using zoom would be more difficult/skillful than using the instagib.

Comment

why do these forums have idiots like u,my post was asking epic about is there any chance of having a dedicated server,not *****ing only noobs play instagib WHICH THEY DONT there r a lot of highly skilled players out there,so i dont no how your post has anything 2 do with the post i originally started,all i can think off that u r some kid that has nothing to comment on

Comment

Why must you be so rude? This is a public forum, and I can post whatever I want to, as long as it isn't disrespectful or demaining and as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules. If youd truely like to find out how much of a "noob" i am, I'd be willing to play you in a duel match any time you'd like? To me, Instagib only servers aren't worth Epics time/energy when there are other pressing issue that still need to be resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X