Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does UT3 have any problems with Multi_GPU cards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does UT3 have any problems with Multi_GPU cards???

Hi... i used to have a HD2900XT and i bought an extra to enable crossfire on rig but i found out that ut3 was not fully compatible with it... i had all kinds of problems like glitches and distortions all over the place even alot of crashes... i decided to send back the second card and get a refund now its been a while and i decided to get a brand new card, one that just came out HD3870 X2... and now im pretty much having the same problems here eventhough it is just one card... i am able to play the game but it crashes most of the time... one thing for sure is that im able to play the game with max settings on 1680/1050 with no less than 60fps...

when i start the game the UT3 logo gets all messed up like when a n64 game crashes or freezes, then when im about to start a match it crashes and sends to me desktop another final problem is that sometimes while loading any match the ut logo that spins when loading stops and the game freezes (it doesnt really freezes kuz if i minimize the game and then maximize it finishs loading just fine)

Any idea of what is causing this problem....

Hi there sound like it might be a driver error or some other software problem or some of the ATI GPUs may not be compatible but im not sure I do no though that UT3 is designed to run with multi GPUs as im running 2 Nvidia 8800Ultras in SLI and i have never had a problem hope this info helps

Comment

Try this. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=606589 This is a BETA driver that was released for review sites upon the release of the 3870X2. Ive been runnung this driver for a while with my 2 3870's without any crashes. It might help.
      PS. This Beta driver will also give you anti-alising in UE3.

Comment

Lots off people are having issues/crashes with ATI cards single crossfired and 3870x2. Whilst the Nvidia cards are crash free mostly.

So if you like UT3 and wont to play crash free..................

My 3870x2 wasn't helped by the beta driver, its going back for RMA (testing)

ATI and UE3 just don't seem to like each other - ATI SORT YOUR DRIVERS OUT

Comment

:
          Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
          Lots off people are having issues/crashes with ATI cards single crossfired and 3870x2. Whilst the Nvidia cards are crash free mostly.

So if you like UT3 and wont to play crash free..................

My 3870x2 wasn't helped by the beta driver, its going back for RMA (testing)

ATI and UE3 just don't seem to like each other - ATI SORT YOUR DRIVERS OUT
          yeah u right they might not like eachother to well kuz GEARS gave and still giving problems... the 2900xt was running ut with vista just perfect with the 8.3 drivers but now i decided to go a little higher and insted i went down LOL i will have to try does beta drivers to see what happens....

Comment

Probably only ATI cards. The 9800GX2 performed spectacularly on the GameSpot benchmark.

Comment

my 2 3870's perform really well. No crashes or lockups.

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                my 2 3870's perform really well. No crashes or lockups.
                wonder if its anything to do with you being on an AMD CPU mobo ? But there is hope!

Will be interesting to see how mine goes with RMA and there testing !!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
                  Probably only ATI cards. The 9800GX2 performed spectacularly on the GameSpot benchmark.
                  I just had a play on Shangrila at 1920x1200 with 16xAA, 16xAF, Image Settings on High Quality, AA Transparency MultiSampling on , Game settings max everything and my FPS rarely dropped below 50. I must say I initially I didn't believe that this card would do high AA on this game at high screen resolutions but after fixing some problems I was having with my system with the new drivers I am now totally blown away by this baby. Specs in my sig!
                  [EDIT] Flyby FPS never drops below my vsync of 60 on any map!

Comment

I have 2 computers, one is Quad Core with 2x ATI in crossfire, and another is Dual core with NVidia 8800GT. And guess what ATI in crossfire barely gets 70-90fps, while Nvidia on same maps gets into 120-150fps range. Also on top of it ATI does not show distortion. And I bought it for mapping. I need to admit that on quad core making lighting is blast because i can put 10-20 lights in lit mode without slowing down. But then all materials need to be done on Nvidia and then checked on ATI. It is 6 months after that thread was created and newest ATI drivers are same ****.

Comment

running crossfire 3870's and im having no issues and a smooth framerate... its your drivers, find a program that removes all video drivers and work from there.

Comment

Two 4850's here with no issues at all.

Comment

It was AA (or other of those settings like ATI AI, mip map etc). I changed them all to max performance and now ATI in crossfire is almost at speed of single GF. Also in low quality settings distortion reappeared. Only really good thing about ATI crossfire is that i can put many lights into level without building it (they all are dynamic until level is rebuild), so much easier to work on lighting. Anyway not as bad purchase as it looked, I need time to find my optimal settings.

Comment

I have 2x 4870X2 CFX and I run the game at 1920x1200, 8xAA (yes you read correctly), 16xAF and max graphic settings, and my minimum FPS barely drops below 60, and when it does, it is only to like 55 and is very brief. Normally it's like 80-120 FPS.

Distortion and all graphics work fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X