Leaderboards (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaderboards (PS3)

I am currently ranked at 8000 with a realy slow connection (i get soo much lag, usualy about 1 or 2 secconds) and I was wondering if this is a good ranking considering my connection. How many ps3 people are even on the leaderboards?

The ranks are all pointless, in my opinion. I was ranked 621 last time I checked, but that hardly matters. The tracking of stats like killing sprees and the like is pretty useful, but the actual numbered rank itself is meaningless.

Comment

They don't really mean much in my opinion. I was ranked 621 last time I checked, but seriously, it's all pointless. The tracking of stats and all is nice, but the rank itself is pretty pointless.

Comment

This did kinda bother me at first... back in January when I first started playing, but now I really don't care... I googled and have read up on peoples ideas about leaderboards and I'm still non the wiser. I was something like 495th once and then later that day I was 10,568th in the ranks!? ...lol...

If I compare my stats, as well as others in my friends lists, some are (totals wise) much better than most of those in the top 100 all-round.

I thought maybe it had something to do with when you host a game and have the bots on novice, so every game from then on I have had the bots on adept or higher... the only thing this has done is improve my gameplay...

Comment

leaderboards aren't important, but if you really believe in them then 8000 is a fine score indeed, seeeing as a good 500k+ have been sold for ps3

Comment

yea ranks are pointless like ill be in the top 100 then shot back down like to 1000 somthing just cause a server lags

Comment

Originally posted by SeRpEnT_SiCkNeSs View Post
              yea ranks are pointless like ill be in the top 100 then shot back down like to 1000 somthing just cause a server lags

I wouldnt say pointless, I mean rank does stand for a little at least. If u were rank 100 then dropped to a 1000 its probly because u werent killing higher ranked players then you and you were getting killed by lower ranked players. Plus i think elo is a great ranking system. The biggest advantage of elo is that if the #1 ranked player has been playing say for a year and you just got the game you can still move up the ranks rather quikly.Because elo recognizes how nasty you are and it doesnt matter how long youve been playing.. Did that make sense?..lol im an idiot

Comment

For those of you who still don't know how it works:

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Your rank is based on your Elo rating. You can look up Elo in Wikipedia for a detailed explanation on how it works, but here's the short version. If you have a low (bad) Elo rating and you kill someone with a high (good) Elo rating, then you will improve substantially and his Elo will worsen. But if the high Elo rating guy kills the low Elo rating guy then neither player will see much if any difference. That's because a good player killing a bad player means little, and a bad player killing a good player is noteworthy.

Why does my rank go up and down so much?
                Let's say for arguments sake that a person ranked #100 has an Elo of 2200. A person ranked #3000 has an Elo of 2000. If #3000 plays really well (or get lucky kills on high ranking people) then let's say his Elo increases to 2050. Since there's 3000 people between 2000 and 2200, the ranking can improve many more places than just the 50 Elo points. That's how small changes in Elo can have a large impact on your ranking.

Why does my rank fall when I don't play?
                That's because your Elo rating is static if you're not active, and other people are playing and passing you up.

I think the ranking system is stupid!
                Maybe it is. It's just for fun. Try not to let it impact your play style.

To wrap it up in a nutshell, kill:death ratio matters not. It's who you kill and not how many. Killing sprees, multi-kills, rewards etc. have no impact on your rating. However I believe that team based objectives (destroying core, returned flag etc.) does improve your Elo rating.

Comment

Working...
                X