Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rankingsystem PS3

How do the rankingsystem for PS3 work?
    I compare myself to the top people in the ranks, and my stats is far better, but I'm far behind! Seems like the people in the top all play vCTF on the same server? I don't get it.

I was on 400 position, went into a Normal CTF server, did 2 hatricks and died like 3 times, and I went DOWN to 2000 place.. wtf is this?

Ah well, seems I climb a lot when playing DM on the Midway_122 server, so I'll keep doing that..

ST4TwH0R3 anyone? :E
    lol;]

I was in the top 500 and after 2 matches i wento to 1000's. I would like to know how the ranking system works.

Comment

Elorating.

If someone of a low rank kills you even once, you'll drop a lot. If you kill someone of a low rank, you'll barely go up. If you kill someone with a high rank, your rank goes up a lot. If you get killed by someone of a higher rank, you'll barely drop.

Comment

Originally posted by $eMpy View Post
        How do the rankingsystem for PS3 work?
        I compare myself to the top people in the ranks, and my stats is far better, but I'm far behind! Seems like the people in the top all play vCTF on the same server? I don't get it.

I was on 400 position, went into a Normal CTF server, did 2 hatricks and died like 3 times, and I went DOWN to 2000 place.. wtf is this?

Ah well, seems I climb a lot when playing DM on the Midway_122 server, so I'll keep doing that..

ST4TwH0R3 anyone? :E
        lol;]
        Also keep in mind there are 2 diffrent kind of servers Pure(midway) and custom (players). And you'll have a diffrent rank for each one

Comment

Thanks, so this ranking system makes you go bottom easy XD

Comment

Why are people so obsessed with the rank system. It seems to be every second thread. I personally think they should do something similar to CoH ranked games.

Comment

its pointless cause ill kill people in top 50 and it dont do ****

Comment

Originally posted by Th3DarkCloud View Post
                Elorating.

If someone of a low rank kills you even once, you'll drop a lot. If you kill someone of a low rank, you'll barely go up. If you kill someone with a high rank, your rank goes up a lot. If you get killed by someone of a higher rank, you'll barely drop.
                Yup I play with alot of the top 20 or so players so my rank went up very fast. I haven't played that long compared to the people around me

Comment

Comment

it's not only about killing. I've heard (not confirmed) that it depends on your overall score at the end of a match. For example. In WAR you don't have to kill anyone to get points - capturing / healing nodes; destroying cores gives you A LOT of points.
                    Can anyone confirm this?
                    For instance, check the current top player, Emperor Obama, his kill ratio is around 1. Mine is around 2 (2 kills per my death) and I am still a lot lower. Currently 18th.

Comment

I've seen people post in the past a link to a wikipedia article that goes into excruciating detail about the elo system - I read it but I didn't really understand half of it. Regardless of how flawed the ranking system is people DO use it as a rough gauge to see where they are at compared to other players.

One thing I like about the xbox ranking system for UT3 is that each game mode has its own leaderboard. I think this encourages people to play outside their game mode comfort zone because you can be really high ranked in a certain game mode then play in one you are bad at and it won't affect your rank in your "good" mode.

Comment

thats pretty sweet and a great idea IMO...each game having it's own leaderboard would be badass (for ps3)

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                          thats pretty sweet and a great idea IMO...each game having it's own leaderboard would be badass (for ps3)
                          yah it would be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReverendCrow View Post
                            Yup, I was shocked when I first saw that there wasn't just ONE leaderboard. It's great though because, let's be honest, if you are considered a "bad ***" in a certain game mode, it's always pretty rough getting your tail handed to you in a game mode you don't really play very often. And, I can understand not wanting to play other modes because it WILL make your rank go down, at least until you get better. One advantage that the ps3 has over the xbox though is the ability to make as many gamertags as you want, so you can play anonymously, that way you don't get embarrassed by playing poorly. You CAN create more than one identity on the 360 but it either costs money and/or is a huge pain in the tush.

Comment

Yeah I totally understand that but come on you can't just restrict yourself to one gamemode (like most ****in players do anyways) I'm not gunna lie I was like that also but as of lately I've been playing other modes and ive been doing pretty **** good at them. It would just be pretty **** sweet of there was more then one leaderboard if your really good then you'll be ontop of them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X