Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch For Ps3 Requirements 2 (updated 12/4/08)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Patch For Ps3 Requirements 2 (updated 12/4/08)

since the 1º patch is already there (finaly) here is the still to do list (updated 12/4/08):

Game play:

1- Elevators / Gateway issues.
    2- Some issues occur when a player is too close to us, it glitches us and make us STOP!
    3- There are some vehicles in the pc version that are missing in some maps on the ps3 version.
    4- When join some matches, starting on BLUE team, we appear RED!
    5- The enforcer bug, when have both, pressing the secondary fire, only the right enforcer shoot, the left doesn't shoot!
    6- Enforcer model not disappearing when weapons are switched.
    7- Game not registering button presses after death (you can no longer respawn).

8- When scope in and click on the right joystick you can see the characters hands, which isn’t holding anything.
    9- All the things that were included in the latest patch for the PC version that can be port to the ps3 game.
    10- Fix Bot bugs & Map bugs. (See this thread)
    11- Minor issue, but something I have noticed. If you default your gun to the left hand, it only shows that in the fpv mode. Everyone else sees it as in your right hand. If you feign death it also shows it in your right hand. Might not seem like a big deal, but something that I'm sure people would appreciate.
    12- The dead zone for the analogue needs to be increased, my analogue stick now leans a tiny bit to the front and it can cause my character to start running without me touching the stick. (See this thread)

Multiplayer:

13- Better & Dedicated servers, NO LAG in users servers and dedicated servers! (See this thread)
    14- Fix Ps3 Freezes/Crashes, in loading screen on midway servers, changing map, etc… .
    15- Why official midway servers doesn't have the new maps?.
    16- Following friends. A lot of people are still having problem with following. Sometimes it just says connection error. Sometimes this is due to the room being full and sometimes for no reason it seems. If the room was full it should specifically state that no just error. As for the other times, this still needs to be addressed as the reason causing it is unknown.
    17- Dedicated servers should never lag. ever. Why do Midway dedicated servers lag, but user servers do not nearly as much even with a higher ping?
    18- Hosting game problems, like, framerate dropping to host, game turning slow, connection issues, etc...
    19- Must be sign in PSN to host/play LAN game? (See this thread)
    20- Why lagged MIDWAY dedicated servers?[/COLOR]

Misc:

21- Some players disconnect from the game, and appears the error: "Your Connection to the server was lost", and they turn offline in the game, but not in the psn & some can't even play on their master/primary account on psn! (See this thread)
    22- Leader boards aren't updating correctly.
    23- Weapon Replacement Mutator doesn't allow replacement for the Goo-Gun (BioRifle).
    24- Players Met on the PS3 XMB needs to be fixed. The people you play against on UT3 don’t show up.
    25- UT3 friend’s list issue friend request not saving.
    26- Partial freezing while loading causing some textures not to load and a lot of text to be missing.
    27- Red searchlight not working in CTF-Searchlight Downloadable map.
    28- Models still have problems with family codes/custom content. Models can't use the same custom sounds, taunts and first person view found in the PC version for the PS3. This has been mentioned a few times around the forums, but its a big issue. Characters heads were fixed since the patch but the other pc updates were not included. This means no custom families and no custom fpv hands, custom gibs, etc...
    29- Better mouse compatible. (See this thread)
    30- Mics have been much better since the last patch, but there are still issues. Sometimes people come in garbled and sometimes some people can hear each other while not being able to hear someone else. For instance person A could hear person B. Person B could hear person C, but not person A. Doesnt really make sense. Then the mics also act screwy and either its lag or something else, but you will hear people long after they actually were talking. You could quit the room and you might still hear them. There have even been a couple cases where a person was in another room and could hear people in a completely different room.
    31- If you play on a standard tv if you check your ranks it doesn't resize the first column showing your standing. It cuts it of so if your ranked 1256, it just shows 1... This should be dynamic so it resizes so you can see it, especially since even when you click on your name it doesn't tell you in the screen that pops up. Maybe even add it there.
    32- Adding friends. When you add friends after they accept it they then have to send one to you to accept. This confuses a lot of people, people miss out on the invites, and it is pretty much unnecessary. If they accept it to begin with, why must they then send one? No reason to have to do things twice.
    33- When trying to follow a friend, if they are in a passworded game and are not the host, it tells you need a password, but gives no option to enter one. If you try to join the host it works fine, but if you don't know who the host is, you're scuppered.
    34- When unpacking mods the PS3 freezes.

Note: RED TOPICS ARE THE URGENT FIXES!

PS3 UT3 Wish List - See this thread too

I will keep adding in this list!!

Thank's and I hope this list helps epic with the ps3 patch!!!

ps: keep posting your requirements

Okay... 1st up, there is already a thread for this... second...

"since the 1º patch is already there (finaly) heres is the still to do list:"

Huh?!

Comment

Hi createdbymeca. There are loads of stuff on this list are addressed in new ps3 patch, like voice, core errors, ping sorting, etc. Others are listed that aren't going to happen, like splitscreen, are super vague, like fix the bugs, or don't belong on a fix list, like new gametypes.

This list would be much more useful if it only listed bugs and ones that are still open.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm guessing this means the patch for UT3 on PS3 is out? Is it only out for the US at the moment or something? Cause at the moemnt when I turn on my PS3 with UT3 it doesnt prompt me to download....

Comment

Nevermind... found the thread...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607135

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
            Hi createdbymeca. There are loads of stuff on this list are addressed in new ps3 patch, like voice, core errors, ping sorting, etc. Others are listed that aren't going to happen, like splitscreen, are super vague, like fix the bugs, or don't belong on a fix list, like new gametypes.

This list would be much more useful if it only listed bugs and ones that are still open.

Thanks!
            thank's for the reply! but...we ps3 gamers miss somethings that are pretty cool and fun, like clan support, like about 24/32 players online = more fun, do you understand WarTourist??
            we just try that you guys at epic, have the information of the things we want to just have more fun!!! thats all...

Comment

WarTourist,

I accept that Meca's list is a combination of bug fixes and requests for new functionality. Is it worth having two lists, one for each, and if so, would Epic be in a position to comment on the 'new functionailty' ideas, even if it was a simple ""Yes, already considering that", "maybe", "definitely not"?

PS - thanks for the patch news, by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by createdbymeca View Post
                thank's for the reply! but...we ps3 gamers miss somethings that are pretty cool and fun, like clan support, like about 24/32 players online = more fun, do you understand WarTourist??
                we just try that you guys at epic, have the information of the things we want to just have more fun!!! thats all...

It just reduces the overall usefulness of this thread in communicating real issues versus bonus features.

Comment

Tsssk...i think not giving players the ability to crouch on thier own and dodge seperatly from jump is a BIG mistake. But, what do i know, I've only been playing the UT series for 8 years (((Shrug)))

Comment

so..maybe a new thread: UT3 ps3 new functionalitys Requirements ???

Comment

Since War Tourist is replying in this thread already, mabey he'll clarify something in the upcoming patch for me. The patch announcment says you added something to make it easier to download mods from the PS3 browser. Since this is an important subject to me, can you just expand on that a bit? Are you making it so the game will read the zip files or something? Thanks for any reply you can give.

Comment

Thanks!
                        OUCH! that really hurts. it sure was fun hoping while it lasted.

Comment

It just reduces the overall usefulness of this thread in communicating real issues versus bonus features.
                          Ok all the silly stuff like split screen can just go away. Get to some real meat like dodging with mouse n kb. Are you telling me that you need to jump while moving in a direction to dodge now vs.double tapping a direction on yer keyboard? If so that's so weak, give us double tap-direction- for dodge.

Top issues. Give us dodge for mouse n kb.
                          Stop the freezing already.
                          Better latency for servers.
                          We need some form of webadmin, give us some servers to rent I'll host.
                          Clan support is needed yesterday, enough with the five different psn handles.
                          Fix headsets.
                          In game chat with "t" text as in pc version.

Rest of the stuff for the most part is cheese. Get the real stuff fixed and the ol ut'ers who play on ps3 will bring back the community. Redirect one day would be nice.

Comment

All i really want to see is an option to remove aim assist, and "normal" Keyboard dodging.

Comment

I thought they are fixing the KB dodge promlem in the patch. Isn't smart jump basically what the PS3 uses on the controller? Jump+Direction=Dodge?

Comment

Working...
                              X