My only wish for patch 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only wish for patch 1.3

I think one of the reasons that the game is not too much fun online in the pubs is the lack of team randomization at end of the game.

I think some kind of team balancing has been attempted in patch 1.2 in which it switches players(sometimes the top scoring one), but it's still not enough. I am not asking for balancing teams based on skill level(though that would be nice). Just plain randomization would be better than what we have and easy to implement.

The way it goes now is that the two teams duke it out and inevitably one gets more powerful than the other, and then it's all downhill. I am not talking about just the numerical difference between the teams, but skill level. The players on the better team don't want to switch because just one player switching is not gonna make a big difference especially in huge player count games like warfare and not many want to be on the losing side.

So one team keeps winning and the other losing, and people start getting bored with either winning or losing all the time and simply quit. Even with plain randomization, the teams can easily be unfair, but atleast there's a hope that this situation will get changed in the next game, and you could end up in the better team and win the game, or be a better balanced game. Hence, the players would have an incentive to stay on. It shouldn't be too hard to implement since they implemented something similar in UT2004.

I agree 100%. With random teams at least we all have the same chance of being on the winning or losing team each game.

Comment

sounds good, but i see one reason against it:

What if you are playing with a buddy, and then next thing you know you are on opposite teams because of the randomization. That would really get annoying for me.....

Comment

More or less annoying than having grossly unbalanced teams? Btw, I've already had that problem with the new team balance. If you're going to have any kind of team balance/randomization that means that some people who don't want to be switched are gonna have to be switched.

Comment

Originally posted by NedroidicusPrime View Post

What if you are playing with a buddy, and then next thing you know you are on opposite teams because of the randomization. That would really get annoying for me.....
          Ideally, the team-balance would be really robust, and allow you and your friend to stay together-- further balancing the other team against you.

With team randomization... rather not have that.

But seriously. We need improved team balance/team randomization. UT3 has the best gameplay in existence, but so few basic features.

Comment

Originally posted by NedroidicusPrime View Post

Maybe it's just me, but I like playing against my buddies, because you can jeer at them after you frag them!

If you want to play on their team, I guess the person on the team with the more players can just switch to the other team at the start of the game. Or if the teams are equal, I think any one of you can switch.

Comment

Working...
            X