Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playing ut3 on ps3 whit keybord and mouce, does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    it works!

Hi guys,

Well I just kept trying to troubleshoot my mx5500 kbm control issues and finally got it to work!!

Basically, had to reboot the ps3... seems like windows to me! but it DID work, and I am pretty happy about not having to return this awesome kbm combo!

thanks for reading my rant.
    ant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mx5500 bluetooth kbm combo issues

Hi all, hoping I don't have to return this great combo unit.

I connect the bluetooth receiver in the usb connection on the ps3.

I was able to connect the keyboard and mouse and control the ps3 through the menus. Problem is, when I start UT3, no more control...

not sure what's up, or UT3 can't work with a bluetooth kbm setup..

thanks for any answers,

ant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can dodge on PS3, Epic just did a bad job implementing it for KB+M users.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    same here, i've tried my razer reclusa and deathadder (+exactmat) on the ps3, but it felt like **** compared to pc.
    that, and no dodging makes the game imo totally worthless on ps3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played on the PS3 using G7 and Razer Deathadder for about 3 months. It's utter **** compared to the PC version as it plays on my rig.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by naisanza View Post
    Can you please state the mouse and keyboard model? I'm using a Logitech G5 with a standard USB keyboard and it doesn't work in-game, though it does in menu. How did you get yours working? Do you have it plugged through a splitter by any chance or straight into the usb ports?
    I am also using a G5 with a standard USB keyboard and was having problems with the mouse being detected in-game. In-game being both the "Settings->Input->Keys" configuration screen and once in a level. Found a solution which works for me without fail. Make sure to keep the mouse and keyboard unplugged prior to starting the game from the XMC. Once the game has loaded up and you are sitting on the splash screen prior to the Main Menu of the game plug in the mouse and keyboard. Once plugging in the mouse and keyboard press "Start" to go to the Main Menu of the game. Following this procedure my mouse and keyboard and working 100% of the time with the game. I'm plugging the mouse and keyboard directly into the PS3 by the way. I have the 40GB system. I'm plugging the G5 into the front left USB port and the keyboard into the front right USB port.

Side note:
    The on-the-fly adjustable speed/acceleration buttons of the G5 are a godsend. Without them I'd have no choice, but to go back to the controller or just stick with the PC version of the game which isn't an option as my PC is outdated and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. I picked up the PS3 mainly for the Blu-ray player. Having the other features of the PS3 is a huge plus, not to mention actually having a game available which supports the mouse and keyboard. In any event, the settings I use are below which emulate the experience I'm used to on the PC for the most part.

G5 Settings:
    Adjustable speed/acceleration = Highest Setting

In-Game Settings:\
    Turn Acceleration 10
    Mouse Smoothing Off
    Mouse Sensitivity 17
    Look Centering [Walking] Off
    Look Centering [Vehicle] Off

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by skippo View Post
    Buy Cordless logitech wave combo, you will eat controller noobs for breakfast.
    hehe no doubt about that :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Buy Cordless logitech wave combo, you will eat controller noobs for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by naisanza View Post
    Can you please state the mouse and keyboard model? I'm using a Logitech G5 with a standard USB keyboard and it doesn't work in-game, though it does in menu. How did you get yours working? Do you have it plugged through a splitter by any chance or straight into the usb ports?
    Mouse: Logitech MX518 but others work too I supose
    Keyboard: Logitech Bluetooth
    I plug it in just in the USB port, no problems at all. Quite strange that it won't work with you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

my mouce is the razer diamond back, just pluged the usb cable in the usb port and did no instalation. works perfect, but i also can,t use button 4 and 5. my keybord is the novitech di nove edge, its bleutooth and works also perfect whit ofcource the ecception of dodging.

regards nikoshi.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DraSo_Odin View Post
    I'm playing UT3 on pc and ps3, on ps3 only with mouse and keyboard (I got hardware lag on comp that's why I got both games) and it works fine only I'm waiting for a ps3 patch because I can't dodge with hitting twice the W/A/S/D key

also on the ps3 I also can't use my mouse button 4 and 5 so patch?

I don't know if bluetooth mouses work, the keyboard works. I use USB mouse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It might be able to read the disk but the software would not work on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no installation, just plug it in. my keyboard comes with two extra USB ports so pluging in the mouse dosent take up another slot on the PS3 : ) i dont think the PS3 would be able to read the software disk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    to play the normal UT3 game, usb keyboards and mice dont need any software to install.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    software--->linux???

i still wonder what i do whit the software by my mouce? i have orderd the razer diamond back (when i think of it i almost want to eat it, so nice)

BUT do i have to and more important, CAN i instal the software on my plastation 3???? ( ps3 run's on linux psp if i,m right.)

Hope somebody can tell my that soon,plz.

Regards Nikoshi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X