Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playing ut3 on ps3 whit keybord and mouce, does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playing ut3 on ps3 whit keybord and mouce, does it work?

hi all.

In a other topic i had asked whitc mouce is the best. after your help i contacted a big companie to order a mouce BUT the told me that it almost never works to play ut3 on a playstation whit keybord and mouce???

i,m confused.

i hope that any of you are playing ut3 on a ps3 like that or else that anybody can clear this up for me,plz.

Regards Nikoshi

I'm playing UT3 on pc and ps3, on ps3 only with mouse and keyboard (I got hardware lag on comp that's why I got both games) and it works fine only I'm waiting for a ps3 patch because I can't dodge with hitting twice the W/A/S/D key

also on the ps3 I also can't use my mouse button 4 and 5 so patch?

I don't know if bluetooth mouses work, the keyboard works. I use USB mouse

Comment

PS3 + Keyboard and Mouse would really make the game easy mode for PC users.

However, I think the lack of double tapping for dodge will put the vast majority of regular players off trying it.

Comment

it works fine, my pc is also too laggy so i play with this...sometimes i feel bad for other players so i wish they would add a keyboard only option

Comment

they only told you that because they assumed you would try it with every game and expect it to work. only certain games support KB & mouse, UT3 being one of them.

Comment

what kind of KBM did you want to order?

my keyboard and mouse work fine on my PS3. i use the logitech G15 keyboard with G5 mouse. you can't assign all the keys though which sucks. hopefully that will change.

don't get a wireless mouse!

KBM is the only way to play Unreal Tournament!!! although i did make it to both top ranking learboards using a PS3 controller : ) my aiming has now improved : )

Comment

Originally posted by DaKilla84 View Post
              what kind of KBM did you want to order?

my keyboard and mouse work fine on my PS3. i use the logitech G15 keyboard with G5 mouse. you can't assign all the keys though which sucks. hopefully that will change.

don't get a wireless mouse!

KBM is the only way to play Unreal Tournament!!! although i did make it to both top ranking learboards using a PS3 controller : ) my aiming has now improved : )
              I have already for some time the novitech Dinovo edge and will get the razer diamond back. fist i did want a wireless but in a other thread about what is the best mouce i was adviced not to as you do,thx.

what about the software, do i instal it on my ps3???

keep having troubels whit how mutch diferent ps3 is meanig that it run's on linux.(and my eng is not perfect to)

About the sugjestion to make a KBM only option: i think that it whould be nice not to make for everything a different clase, there are whitin ut already a lot of type's to play, if whe then split KBM from "normal" whe get twice as mutch. it can get to mutch options. i havend played yet whit KBM so i don't now how big the advantage will be. You have a point what credits you but everybody can make the same choice as you or me(KBM).Furder there will alway's be differences in the hardware even if you split this one: mouce, tv, time you can play--->experience.

Now i,m going to say something of a contrediction but i would like a new clase: the real ut game: instagib

Regards Nikoshi

Comment

When you browse through the server browser, just look at what mutators the server has loaded (lower right) - if a server is instagib, it'll show in there

Dunno if that's exactly the same for the PS3, but I'd guess so (PC player here, I tried to play GoW with an XBox controller, then laughed a bit and never tried again, it's just too hillarious when the crosshair makes circles around the enemy because aiming is so frickin' hard and fuzzy with a gamepad ... anyway.).

And about splitting KB/M and controller players - in fact, that already happens, to some extent, as servers can be set up to only allow controller players and no KB/M ones. Still, on the mixed servers, obviously the non-controller guys have a huge advantage, but then, people playing with a controller can just not join those.

Comment

Originally posted by haslo View Post
                  When you browse through the server browser, just look at what mutators the server has loaded (lower right) - if a server is instagib, it'll show in there
                  On the PC version this is bugged, actually. The names mismatch. If it says Handicap mutator it is Instagib.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                    On the PC version this is bugged, actually. The names mismatch. If it says Handicap mutator it is Instagib.
                    Hm, is that only since 1.2 or something? I haven't looked lately, but when I looked through the CTF servers list some weeks back (when I regularly tried to find non-IG-CTF matches still), it did show up as Instagib and not Handicap...

Comment

Since 1.1 I believe

Comment

Hooray for patches that introduce new errors

Well, every software developer knows that fixes regularly have side effects

Comment

software--->linux???

i still wonder what i do whit the software by my mouce? i have orderd the razer diamond back (when i think of it i almost want to eat it, so nice)

BUT do i have to and more important, CAN i instal the software on my plastation 3???? ( ps3 run's on linux psp if i,m right.)

Hope somebody can tell my that soon,plz.

Regards Nikoshi

Comment

to play the normal UT3 game, usb keyboards and mice dont need any software to install.

Comment

no installation, just plug it in. my keyboard comes with two extra USB ports so pluging in the mouse dosent take up another slot on the PS3 : ) i dont think the PS3 would be able to read the software disk.

Comment

Working...
                              X