Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who plays UT3 with minimum requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who plays UT3 with minimum requirements?

I have a compaq presario 3500+ AMD Athlon 64 processor, 1.0 GB memory, 200 GB hard drive, microsoft windows XP media center edition 2005,
    Graphics:
    Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS
    PCI express slot

model number SR1750NX

I have a single core processor. The game was so slow without a graphics card it was basically unplayable. I bought a e-Geforce 8600 GTS EVGA graphics card and it goes faster. The graphics seem to be okay on some of the levels, but on the levels with all the lights (Where you can control that drome that shoots at you) place looks like a dump, the graphics are pretty bad. It's not really slow anymore, although it is at times. I need to overhaul my entire computer to play this game with good graphics. I also have a crappy monitor.

Anyone else play this game with a barebones package?

PS: So I don't have to make 2 threads, can someone please tell me how to instagib someone with the hammer weapon? thanks

I play on minimum settings when my PC can handle it on max settings without a hitch because it's easier to see people and it's still smoother (frame rate is uncapped).

Comment

anyone else?

Does anyone know how to use the hammer gun?

Comment

u hold down fire to charge, it auto fires when u touch someone with it.

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
          u hold down fire to charge, it auto fires when u touch someone with it.
          what do I have to do? Run up to someone with it and physically touch someone with it? I guess its a close range weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeTastingFish View Post
            what do I have to do? Run up to someone with it and physically touch someone with it? I guess its a close range weapon?
            Yes, it's a melee weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
              Yes, it's a melee weapon.
              whats the alt fire on it do?

Comment

It's for vehicles. And thanks for deleting my thread Epic, it's a crystal-clear response to what my post was saying.

Comment

It's also a melee weapon, it boosts people out of vehicles or makes people drop pickups (for example, hit someone with it who currently has Double Damage, it makes them drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                    It's also a melee weapon, it boosts people out of vehicles or makes people drop pickups (for example, hit someone with it who currently has Double Damage, it makes them drop it.
                    thanks. It would help if they put this in the booklet that came with the game.

On deathmatch, how do you get into that big vehicle crane thing drone that has lasers? It's on that one level with all the lights.

Comment

thanks. It would help if they put this in the booklet that came with the game.

On deathmatch, how do you get into that big vehicle crane thing drone that has lasers? It's on that one level with all the lights.
                      Do you mean the dark walker in heat ray? Get up to it, and when you see the enter vehicle message on your screen, press the enter key to get in. That only works of course when somebody else is not already in it.

Oh, the alt fire on the hammer will not eject people out of vehicles, it just damages vehicles without hurting you. It will knock powerups off other players (and you can then pick up), including invulnerability.

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                        Do you mean the dark walker in heat ray? Get up to it, and when you see the enter vehicle message on your screen, press the enter key to get in. That only works of course when somebody else is not already in it.

Oh, the alt fire on the hammer will not eject people out of vehicles, it just damages vehicles without hurting you. It will knock powerups off other players (and you can then pick up), including invulnerability.
                        Thank you. I don't know where it is but I guess I can experiment and find it. Thanks for having the patience to answre my questions. Do you know where I can find a beginners guide to UT? I played UT 2003/2004 but the new UT is new and diffferent. Alot of different stuff.

Also, is that IP address your server? I would like to play on it and possibly meet you in game. My name is fishsticks911. Add me to your friends list

Comment

AMD X2 6000+, with 8800GT, but i play it on minimum requirements so I can get a smooth 125 fps. And before anyone tells me that "you can only see 30 or 60 fps...", i'm going to tell them that they're wrong, and the fact that I can definitely feel the difference between 60 fps and 125 fps.

Comment

i play on a very low rig at home, P4 3ghz, 1.5gb ram and the power house that is the 7600GS and get about 20-50fps at 800x600. my rig at work is alot more powerful but the graphics card again sucks so again my fps is about the same maybe a little higher at the same res.

as for a beginners guide have a look at this as it should help alot on somethings that dont seem obvious

http://www.gamedrone.net/2007/12/17/...t-3-beginners/

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                              It will knock powerups off other players (and you can then pick up), including invulnerability.
                              Do you even have to pick them up? When I've tried this (not too many times, but a couple), I've gotten the powerup just from alt-impacting them. Instantaneously.

Comment

Working...
                              X