First Person View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Person View

I have a question concerning the demo replays and spectating at matches. I would like to watch from first person view but seem to be unable to. Is it right that this is not possible? Or can anyone tell me how to?

It's not possible. But it **** well should be!

Now to ensure Epic reads this post, I'll say they don't listen to us. This post will disappear, but atleast they know the community wants first person spectating... Among other things.

Comment

Open up the console (F10 by default, I think) and type 'behindview'. This will give you a first person view when spectating/viewing demos.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
        Open up the console (F10 by default, I think) and type 'behindview'. This will give you a first person view when spectating/viewing demos.
        Yeah, hacks, but I want a key. Because I keep forgetting this command exists

Comment

Console
          behindview 1 (for FP)
          behindview 0 (for TP)

You can't see the weapons though and it's fairly jerky.

Comment

Use the "bind" console command to map a key to it.

Comment

yep.

f10 for console, type this:

bind K "behindview 0"

I think the quotes are in the right spot.

Comment

I found that keys I bind ingame via console won't be saved for some reason. :/

Anyway, get a behindview bind then and be happy. Note that the weapon models in 1st person mode are a bit buggy (in demos), you may see people doing Shock Combos with a Flak Cannon.

Comment

Yeah, hacks, but I want a key. Because I keep forgetting this command exists
                  Hahaha. It's only two words stuck together.

Comment

An interesting thing about this view is that you see more than the normal one (ie you can see behind you some). So you have somewhat of an advantage if you get good at using this view over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by z000z View Post
                      An interesting thing about this view is that you see more than the normal one (ie you can see behind you some). So you have somewhat of an advantage if you get good at using this view over the other.
                      o rly

Comment

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
                        I found that keys I bind ingame via console won't be saved for some reason. :/
                        This is exactly what bugs me. I'd happily use all these nice features if they'd work.

Comment

ive honestly never had a problem with this, but it would be nice to have...

Comment

Working...
                          X