Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Midway Servers now only 8 man

I really enjoy ut3.

Im pretty sure the PS3 Midway Servers for most gametypes (EU) used to be at least 10 or 12 slots, now its down to 8 all of a sudden and the games are a lot less fun with maximum 4 a side. It's enough for a deathmatch on some maps, but some of the larger maps and gametypes, more players per server would be a lot more fun! And I hope im not going crazy, but i swear there used to be more slots on the servers! What happened? and will this be changing this anytime soon?

On a separate yet server related note, will it be possible to actually host PS3 servers off a computer? It seems like that this is a key way for the game to become more popular, not many server hosting companies want to have to buy a PS3 just to host a single UT3 PS3 server

Any ideas? thank you

edit: please dont leave it like this :'( i bought the US version of the game, and then the EU version of the game because i could wait for the patch to play with friends who didnt import, pretty please at least 12 slots?

Apparently this is true, and probably will be changed when the patch comes out-- then both EU and NA versions will be able to play together with all sizes of servers.

Comment

not sure what the problem was though...it was bigger before, really nice gameplay and matches, then just one day they decided lets mess things up a bit =/

Comment

I would actually like these smaller servers, but since they are cutting down on the size they better be making alot more :P

ofcourse, 8 people for warfare is impossible. You need ATLEAST double that

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
          I would actually like these smaller servers, but since they are cutting down on the size they better be making alot more :P

ofcourse, 8 people for warfare is impossible. You need ATLEAST double that
          I agree its nice for deathmatch, but for the co-operative play...the majority of the skill set of the average UT3 PS3 player is pretty low, a lot of CTF games with only 1-3 people knowing what they are doing, so its nice with more players...just feels like im playing against bots a lot of the time..maybe they can have some larger servers and some smaller? 2 & 2 ?

Comment

8 sounds perfect for DM and TDM to me. I hope there will always be an option to play on an 8-man server.

Comment

Working...
            X