No announcement yet.

Frog Machine: A UT3DM Jump Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I don't understand...Jumping with impact hammer hurts you, right?
    Yes but it also gets you from A to B quicker which can win you a fight.

Comment

Very fun to watch nth Thank you!

Comment

Very good watch, I think actually half of it wasn't intended by the map makers :P

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonX View Post
          batman -- crouch first. It still does 50 damage though (ouch) And I had no idea you could fly so far by hammering the walls! O_O
          nono, no crouching. You need to time jumps or dodges to the impact, hit jump and a millisecond later release hammer.

Comment

Thats bad *** man!!!!!

Comment

Awsum stunts, nice Nx.

Comment

you sir are a monster
                *wait...was the entire video vibrating to the beat or was that just me that just woke up...

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  Very fun to watch nth Thank you!
                  Originally posted by voidy View Post
                  Awsum stunts, nice Nx.
                  "nth", "Nx"

Comment

Very Prince of Persia. For anyone who says UT3 lacks the movement possibilities of UT2, this video provides a great answer. And it doesn't look completely lame, since you're actually bounding around geometry, instead of off thin air, as in UT2.

You would be a terror in a duel, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                      You would be a terror in a duel, I think.
                      He is. He is.

Comment

Glad you guys liked it!

A lot of the tricks were impact-hammer wall-dodges. To perform these:
                        • Double jump at a wall with a fully charged impact hammer
                        • Immediately after the second jump dodge away from the wall (preserves vertical momentum from second jump)
                        • Immediately after tapping the dodge key for the 2nd time release the impact hammer (impact hammer will only give you a boost if you're still close to the wall)
                        • If you did it right you'll take 50 damage and enter orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                          Very Prince of Persia. For anyone who says UT3 lacks the movement possibilities of UT2, this video provides a great answer. And it doesn't look completely lame, since you're actually bounding around geometry, instead of off thin air, as in UT2.
                          If you think UT3 has anywhere near the movement freedom that UC2 had, you're mistaken. This video proves that the impact hammer is great when put into the hands of a skilled player, but UC2 movements are still faster than UT3's movements.

Comment

Update: Unreal.IE mirror has been provided

ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/unreal.ie/ut3/mo...og_Machine.zip

Thanks Zoro!

Comment

After watching that all my fingers hurt.. **** I'm getting old

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                                If you think UT3 has anywhere near the movement freedom that UC2 had, you're mistaken. This video proves that the impact hammer is great when put into the hands of a skilled player, but UC2 movements are still faster than UT3's movements.
                                I never mentioned UC2. I've never even seen UC1 or UC2. UT2 is 2k3 and 2k4, collectively. Even so, I was just saying that extreme movement is possible, and the players don't have to deal with floating opponents, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X