No announcement yet.

Axon vs. Nemesis vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bclagge raises a good point about three-round matches confounding these perceived balance issues. If each team got an even number of rounds on each side then I don't think there'd be anything to complain about at all.

Personally I like the non-symmetrical maps a lot, regardless of balance, and I also like the fact that the Axon vehicles don't have direct counterparts on the Necris side. It's great on maps like Onyx Coast and Islander because when you switch sides it's like playing a whole new map, with new strategies needed.

Comment

I'll slightly have to disagree here. While necris usually have the advantage of having more vehicles (such as in Avalanche, 4 vipers vs 2 mantas not to mention +2 vipers at the primary node), Axon vehicles in themselves are more powerful.

Manta > viper. The manta is more manoeuverable and has a lot more surface area to crush opponents. THE PROBLEM is *imbalanced* AVRIL which doesn't take time to accelerate as it did in 2k4.

Raptor > Fury. The raptor has much longer range and is better against moving targets. But these two vehicles IMO aren't totally comparable.

Leviathan > all. 'Nuff said.

Problem is comparing the other vehicles. The scorpion is by far the best vehicle against mantas and scorpions. The darkwalker is kinda **** IMO, I'd say the Goliath is superior. A darkwalker is cannon fodder without a gunner. The goliath just takes good motion prediction from the user.

Scavenger, Hellbender, Nightshade... I wouldn't say any of those vehicles are decisivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh View Post
        I'll slightly have to disagree here. While necris usually have the advantage of having more vehicles (such as in Avalanche, 4 vipers vs 2 mantas not to mention +2 vipers at the primary node), Axon vehicles in themselves are more powerful.

Manta > viper. The manta is more manoeuverable and has a lot more surface area to crush opponents. THE PROBLEM is *imbalanced* AVRIL which doesn't take time to accelerate as it did in 2k4.

Raptor > Fury. The raptor has much longer range and is better against moving targets. But these two vehicles IMO aren't totally comparable.

Leviathan > all. 'Nuff said.

Problem is comparing the other vehicles. The scorpion is by far the best vehicle against mantas and scorpions. The darkwalker is kinda **** IMO, I'd say the Goliath is superior. A darkwalker is cannon fodder without a gunner. The goliath just takes good motion prediction from the user.

Scavenger, Hellbender, Nightshade... I wouldn't say any of those vehicles are decisivel.
        I disagree.
        Viper > Manta - its faster and can suicide
        Nemesis > Hellbender
        Nemesis > Goliath
        The only thing that sucks of Necris is the DarkWalker which kinda balances it out but not much.
        Fury > Raptor big time

Leviathan doesn't count lol wth u thinking, OnyxCoast is an exception

Comment

I agree that there is an inbalance bewteen the necris and axon vehicle. I think that the axon vehicles have more balance then the necris vehicles. This morning i played a warfare 'onyx coast' i destroyed (on foot) two DW a few seconds after eachother. If i got nearby a tank for instance, it would blow me to kingdom come....

Just sainhg that the axon vehicles are more balnace in firepower.
          The manta is more flexibel in turning then the viper.
          tank is more effective then darkwalker

Comment

yep guerrilla tactics against DWs hurt, explains why DW wont last long on Heatray

i think nemesis vehicles () focus on more specialized forms of defense and attack as the axon are more general

plus they have the nightshade

Comment

I've had a hell of a time against DWs on Sandstorm, though. Especially if a bot is camping it under the arch and I don't have three full jump boot charges.

Comment

Working...
              X