Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom maps,,,Difficulty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Custom maps,,,Difficulty

    Anyone here know how to install custom maps for sure,,,,cause there are so many different ways when u google that its hard to know which is rite,,,,Such as the SimplicityBeta map,,,,

    #2
    Install here........

    Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    if you dont have a CustomMaps folder create one in the CookedPC folder


    Cya

    Comment


      #3
      yeah confirm that and make it c:\ documents and settings\yourusername\my documents\my games\unreal tournament 3\ut game\published\cooked pc\custom maps in XP (you just make the custom maps folder if it isnt already there), put ya files in there (unless it comes with specific instructions telling you to put bits elsewhere) any questions post back

      Comment


        #4
        yeh just unzip in the folders mentioned above...

        Comment


          #5
          why do Custom maps play better then the stock maps? when I play a custom map I can crank my settings up with out any big fps drain, and they look better too... like kordon that map is really nice looking, and my sets are up to 4 and 4 with great fps.

          Comment


            #6
            I would assume that the custom maps you have do not have the same amount of detail as stock maps.

            Comment


              #7
              You can use UT3 Tweaker. I use it

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TekHead View Post
                Install here........

                Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
                unless you use -nohomedir, but if you do that you probably know where to put it anyway

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CuDa View Post
                  why do Custom maps play better then the stock maps? when I play a custom map I can crank my settings up with out any big fps drain, and they look better too... like kordon that map is really nice looking, and my sets are up to 4 and 4 with great fps.
                  It really depends on the map. There's several things that impact performance; terrain complexity, static mesh count, static mesh polygon count, shader complexity, amount and complexity of particle systems, culling settings on terrain and meshes, number of translucent surfaces, dynamic lights, dynamic objects, dynamic shadows, number and complexity of scripts, just to name a few. Generally, the stock maps use rather high detail, so all those numbers are rather high; some custom maps (like that Facing Worlds remake lately) put even more strain on the system, others use way less meshes and thus perform better (with the culmination being the HOLP package).

                  It's really an involved process to have a map that both uses many meshes and performs well, and for the most parts, the stock maps do a really good job at it

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by eformula View Post
                    Anyone here know how to install custom maps for sure,,,,cause there are so many different ways when u google that its hard to know which is rite,,,,Such as the SimplicityBeta map,,,,

                    What do three commas mean? They aren't quite an ellipsis (...), but almost?

                    Strange.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X