Why only 12 player midway servers now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xtromass View Post
    Deathmatches. No, 16 player maps are fun, they were always full. I don't get the idea of removing em, it's stupid
    Well a tdm 8v8's too much and a DM 16 people are a lot too much!!! The maps on this game are war too small for 16 players! In ut2k4, some maps was good for it but in ut3, maps are way too small.

Since the weapons balance, the spam fest of ut3's very ugly so 16 player in small maps suck! I want to fight people for the skill and not for the one who can spam the most roket like a noob...(That's why I prefer LTS 4v4) I think every good player should be agree here.

Comment

Wow. I WISH they were only 12 player on PC...

Comment

It works for DM and TDM (and some CTF maps) but limiting the VCTF and WAR servers to lower player number was a bad move. VCTF and WAR work better with more players while DM/TDM just become more and more of a spamfest.

On the brightside, at least we know they're listening to our suggestions.

Comment

wow they finally lowered them?? thank you epic for listening !!

as for the person complaining, sorry your noob fest is over

also this does limit warfare and ctf to less people, it will also improve with lag on those servers.

they should of kept ctf and warfare @ 16, and put the tdm games @ 10, but im happy they did something anyhow !

Comment

Originally posted by Ishmael View Post
            Í guess they have to save up on server costs since the game didn't sell as well as expected or something perhaps?
            no they did it because 16 player tdm games are horrid.

Comment

Hmm... just took a look and it seems only the EU servers are using lower player numbers. The only logical reason for them to do that would be because all server (US 16 players and EU 8/12 players) will soon be playable by everyone. Some hope for a patch announcement soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                Hmm... just took a look and it seems only the EU servers are using lower player numbers.
                Awwww

I wasn't at my PS3 earlier so I couldn't check it out firsthand. I was pretty excited when I read about 8 player DM/TDM servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                  It works for DM and TDM (and some CTF maps) but limiting the VCTF and WAR servers to lower player number was a bad move. VCTF and WAR work better with more players while DM/TDM just become more and more of a spamfest.

On the brightside, at least we know they're listening to our suggestions.
                  I prefer 12 for War and VCTF, but I'd still be happy with 16 (and I guess it makes a good compromise). 24 is the highest that works for any of the stock maps, imho.

Comment

8 Players is much better for DM, 16 was far too many on *most* of the maps!

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                      Because large games are boring spamfests?
                      Quoted for truth.

Comment

So the ps3 has now a maximum of 12 players but it says,
                        on the box max 16

Comment

Originally posted by PWNERKING View Post
                          So the ps3 has now a maximum of 12 players but it says,
                          on the box max 16
                          No, it's just the player count on the official servers has been reduced. It doesn't mean 16-player games can't occur.

Comment

Tell me how it is possible to get a monster kill on a 8player server then? You need 7 of 8 people in the same room, and you need to kill em all fast.

GG

Comment

respawnkiller?

Comment

Originally posted by bL1nK View Post
                                respawnkiller?
                                I guess you didn't think that one through.

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X