Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it show you random player models or those who where selected by players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it show you random player models or those who where selected by players?

Hi,
    I wanted to know if the game shows you random charactermodels in onlineplay or if the people see what other one selected, customized and all.
    I mean, when I customize my character or choose one I like for online, will all the people see a random model or will they see what I selected? Would be a let down in atmosphere when not.

the server has a set limit of the number of customized characters it allows, I guess it has something to do with bandwidth issues, if you enter after said spots are filled by other player's custom characters you become "demoguy". I really don't like this.

Comment

I don't really understand how it works either. There have been times when I join a room and I'm immediately my custom character, and a few games later in the same server I'm back to the demoguy. That's the PS3 version though, didn't the PC version have that problem when it first came out? All of the problems the PC version had at launch are still in the PS3 version.

Comment

I just told you how it works, if they load faster and thus join before you they can fill the slots, or the server might simply not have enough slots.

It's not a problem, it's a feature.

Comment

Your explanation doesn't cover how a server can have custom models in one match, then be composed entirely of demo guys models in the next. There should always be X many custom models on that server if what you propose is the extent of the issue.
          It's clearly broken to a certain degree.

Comment

Oh, that's not nice... I think this is pretty annoying and a big minus to atmosphere. Will this be fixed some day?
            I dont consider this as a feature, its a limit.

Comment

Who cares? All u need is fragging and winning

Comment

It's an intentional part of the game, thus a feature.

An unfortunate and unwanted feature, but a feature non the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Neivler View Post
                  Who cares? All u need is fragging and winning
                  If you would follow this argument strictly you don't even need those neat graphics. You could still play UT 99. It's all about fragging.

No, I think the customization is a big plus, and if it does replace it, then please with a non-customized but player predefined. Because I can't see those demo bots anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnsen View Post
                    If you would follow this argument strictly you don't even need those neat graphics. You could still play UT 99. It's all about fragging.

But I like UT3 more. If I knew how I would make the graphic look the worst. So I can see the aponoment very good. Like in Q3.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                      Your explanation doesn't cover how a server can have custom models in one match, then be composed entirely of demo guys models in the next. There should always be X many custom models on that server if what you propose is the extent of the issue.
                      It's clearly broken to a certain degree.
                      It probably is, the PS3 probably doesn't have the RAM requirements most PC servers run on to process the information of all the possible custom options 10 different people could have.

It's a feature as mentioned to help prevent PS3's die painfully trying to run a listen server, what the host is doing, what everyone else is doing let alone sending everyone else the information.

Comment

Thank you guys for those explanations. I still would love an option that you could select a second non-customized character for that case.

Comment

It has to be a default so everyone over X player numbers uses it otherwise you'll encounter problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                            It's an intentional part of the game, thus a feature.

An unfortunate and unwanted feature, but a feature non the less.

where does it say that this is an intentional part of the game? i must have missed that meeting...

it does not seem to have any rhyme or reason. most of the time i join a server and i am my selected custom character, then other times on the same server my character will change to demo guy, there can be less players or even no players and this happens so i dont think its due to too many custom characters. additionally if this was the case, i wouldnt be able to disconnect and rejoin the server to get my custom model to show up. and if that is a 'feature' its ludicrous!

i think they 'being changed to the demo guy pbug' is a known problem, not a feature.

Comment

UnrealGrrl: some epic employee said something about you being able to set the allowed number of custom characters per server, sorry this was quite some time ago but I'm quite certain it's a server setting, yes there might very possibly be bugs related to this which causes the irregular behavior though.

Comment

Working...
                              X