Retrieve Serial Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieve Serial Key

I have ut3 on my computer but i need to reinstall the os. I can't find my manual with my serial key. I have looked in my registry and can't find anything under epic or unreal. I opened an .inf file and there is a product key, but it says encytped next to it and it is about a mile long. I have tried key finders, but can't find it. It finds most of my other games, but not UT3. Any help would be appreciated.

It's impossible, it's encrypted to ensure trojans etc can't steal it, go find that manual.

Good luck.

Comment

Other then start looking harder for your manual no
      Dunno how to retrieve it from the installed game.

Comment

Insidiae: you can't, unless you feel like breaking a really really long encryption key which at best would take weeks with the right tools.

Comment

That's why I write the serial in the game's box with a silver pen.

Usually I code it (example: subtracting 1 from any number) so if someone stoles it from me, he will never know.

Comment

utzBluesman handful tip there, I write down all software/game keys in a .txt inside a truecrypt partition.

Comment

I send all my serials in an email to my gmail account.

Comment

I keep my keys in plaintext on a different drive. It's always a good idea to write them down, and keep track of the original key sticker. On another note, every time I enable my VMWare machine, the next time I boot up UT3 it asks me for the key AGAIN. It's like the reboot / network down re-asking glitch. I think they hash the key based on your network card... which is meh >_<

Comment

I wonder if you can copy your ini file that has the encrypted key in it, and just copy it back once the game is installed?

Comment

Corey: nope.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      Insidiae: you can't, unless you feel like breaking a really really long encryption key which at best would take weeks with the right tools.
                      Sounds like a challenge

Good actually that they coded it

Comment

Working...
                      X