64 players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 players?

i just installed patch 1.2 for pc.. and i herd you can play with 64 players.. how? i t only goes up to 32 players.. how can i get 64 players?

By going online. But I have never seen a server get anywhere near 64.

Comment

no server get near 64 because there are some important problems with them (with >48p servers in general):
      -some important lag when more than 40-42 players
      -ALL servers crash at the end of the map (>32p servers)
      EPIC needs to fix this because at the moment 48p,64p servers are totally useless!

Comment

64 players for UT3 just seems like a gimmick to me. Most maps are desgined for 8-16 players max.

You get people in Warfare having hissy fits as is due to the limited supply of vehicles in a 32 player match. 64 player games in any gametype even if it worked properly are going to be nothing but random 'spam and die' fests.

You could probably fit the entire player base onto less than 10 of those servers. Maybe with more people playing the game and with a few levels designed to accomodate such numbers it would make some sense but as is time could have been much better spent fixing some of the still many outstanding problems.

Comment

I've been on a server with 64 people before. it was in warfare mode.

Comment

Join UMGLeague's test server during weekend... It's quite stable and have fixed the crashing at end of map.. It reached 62 people last weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
              64 players for UT3 just seems like a gimmick to me. Most maps are desgined for 8-16 players max.
              I bet you'd love 64p Biohazard. Just think of it as a fun li'l bonus stage in-between regular deathmatch maps.

Comment

The day before I downloaded the patch, I played on a server patched to 1.2, and played a 48-player game of WAR-Sinkhole. We all had an awesome time. Of course, the server crashed at game end, but we all seemed to jump right back in for the next map.

Comment

Trust me, 32 players is hectic even on the largest war maps, 64 is insane, all forms of tactics dissolve into something that's a bit like invasion but with players instead of monsters.

Comment

just the idea of having that many players in one map makes me laugh. biohazard with 16 players is mental enough, 32 i would be laughing 64 i don't think id be able to get off the floor from laughing.

Comment

Playing with 64 wouldn't be hectic if you'd actually play a map which was originally designed for 64 players.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                        Trust me, 32 players is hectic even on the largest war maps, 64 is insane, all forms of tactics dissolve into something that's a bit like invasion but with players instead of monsters.
                        EXACTLY...that is pretty much perfect. Its awesome to get smarter than the mob and get a tank in those cases cause it pays off killing 10-15 people every minute from the "waves" of incoming monsters :P

Comment

yea. but it would be fun with god mode and bots.. online would be way to crazy.. but instant action would be fun.

Comment

I was on one of our Multiplay servers reached 64 players this evening, untill it crashed at the end of the map Some of the larger maps seem to cope quite well with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neophyte View Post
                              I was on one of our Multiplay servers reached 64 players this evening, untill it crashed at the end of the map Some of the larger maps seem to cope quite well with it.
                              yes, they are much funner with more players as you don't have to drive around everywhere looking for an enemy

Comment

Working...
                              X