I finally fixed all of the problems I was having with UT3 :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally fixed all of the problems I was having with UT3 :D

FINALLY, I don't know if I could get any happier.. anyways, I'll explain, as many of you know there has been countless threads started about performance, stuttering, crashing and so on. Me, as determined as I was, found a way around all of these problems. I started off with a AMD Phenom 9600 an XFX 8800 GT and 2BG of RAM, figured out it was my processor that was holding me back and switched to a Intel 2 Quad-Core, same GPU, thennn I started having those infamous FPS drops and stuttering problems, added RAM, gone. But, for some reason UT3 was unplayable still and of course this angered me. I decided to invest in a 21.6" Wide Samsung Monitor as my last effort to reclaim my faith in the Unreal Tournament franchise. LUCKILY for Epic , the monitor was the last missing piece of the puzzle, I guess it was the fact that the monitor has a 2MS response time that topped off Unreal. And now, finally, after all this time. I am able to play Unreal Tournament 3 the way it's meant to be played, oh and by the way, anyone who reads this might want to invest in a good rig to run this game because with the exception of game types, THE BEST UNREAL YET.

2ms = leet. Nice find.

Comment

Yo Hickeroar, did you purchase your Realtek HD sound card or is it built on-board and does it support OpenAL?

Comment

I recently bought the Samsung 22" 2 m/s 226BW - it has had the biggest single impact on UT3 playing and gaming in general than any other component.
        (Before that i had a massive hideous 17" montitor that was the size of a bus - now sitting at the local tip.)
        Resolution is now at highest setting - the game looks really awesome.
        And all for about £200.

Comment

I newer saw such a nonsense.

Comment

Response time is just a advertising gimmick. If you want to know how monitors can affect fast FPS games, lookup 'input lag'. No manufacturers publish the input lag though.

Comment

A faster TFT monitor will give you more FPS, but has nothing to to with the game. Older TFTs can only show 25 -40 FPS, instead of 60, wich will produce stuttering.

Comment

err i solved my UT3 problems by realizing the fact that I dont have as dope of a PC as I thought i did and just lowered the settings by disabling almost everything...hooray no self esteem.

I currently have a 5ms LCD, is there a difference between 2-5ms?
                I remember when I finally got rid of my 2 CRT's and switched to a single 22"LCD using DVI...almost made me cry at how much desk space i have, but I still like the clarity of CRT when im in Photoshop. 1680x1050 just isnt enough for me ;/.

Comment

heh.. wow.. this is why I did a ton a research on what pc parts/build would give the best performance in ut3...

Comment

Working...
                  X