Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

MASSIVE SCREENSHOTS! (By Qx9)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiledshot command

Hi everyone!

The tiledshot command works like this:

Enter the command tiledshot 2 (2x your monitor resolution). Enter tiledshot 4 (4x your monitor resolution). tiledshot 16 (16x your monitor resolution). etc, etc.

You cannot use tiledshot 16x9, for example, to make a widescreen screenshot.

I've attached a DM-HeatRay pic that was taken using tiledshot 16. Looks awesome!

I have a 19" 1280x1024 monitor. The math is: 1280x16 & 1024x16 = 20480x16384. But, I've resized it back to 1/16th that size or 1280x1024 (my monitor resolution). See how that works!

[shot]http://my-image-hosting.com/out.php/i8804_Tiledshot16.jpg[/shot]

By the way, I recommend Irfanview for an image viewer/resizer. It allows you the option to "Apply sharpen after resample." So when you resize those huge images to a better size, like 1680x1050, it'll look really nice. DOWNLOAD IRFANVIEW Besides, it's a lot faster than Photoshop.

- Q

Comment

So I was wrong about the custom dimensions? Oops, no matter.

D*** that shot is sharp...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
        D*** that shot is sharp...
        Just wanted to say that - nearly hurts my eyes tbh. ;D

Comment

The Levi Is Heavy

Heres A Levi Fire One

[ShOt]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/143/explosionhdam8.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Good shots!

Originally posted by D2F[Leo] View Post
            Nice stuff. :> I've been using tiledshots for quite a while to do decent screenies of demos I have, but I had no idea about the 8x8 version...
            Good shots Leo!

An older shot of WAR-TankCrossing, taken with Color Control active.
            Great shot SD! I like the Avalanche one too. No problem about the custom dimensions. I though it'd work there for a minute till I checked the size. Oh well...you can always go tiledshot 20, 30, 50 even, then crop and resize. LOL Thanks for the comment on DM-HeatRay.

Originally posted by Emo Von Peeblabis View Post
            Heres A Levi Fire One
            Nice looking shot!

Comment

I was thinking it'd do 12 across, 7 down or what-have-you. But as i think about it, more, that doesn't make any sense...

More Shangri La, originally taken with Color Control on (I'm picky about which maps I use it for) at probably the highest res my rig can manage, then resized to 1600x1200, a good size for uploading. Taken at 1600x1200|tiledshot 12. initial resolution: 19200x14400; that's 267in.x200in. or 22ftx17ft.
              From typing screenshot to this moment is a little under an hour, then I need to restart my machine as it runs me substantially low on RAM...

[screenshot]http://my-image-hosting.com/out.php/i8807_ShangriLa.bmp[/screenshot]

I keep my monitor settings dark, and turn up the brightness on my games, so the shots probably look a bit over-bright on regular displays. I've considered altering them via Photoshop so that they appear on default displays the way I see them, but everyone's display is different, so it's hard to say how it should look...
              Which is a better approach, low res and high tiledshot count, or high res and low tiledshot count? (Presuming that high res and high count is not feasible.)
              After a quick test, 800x600|20 gives a higher res than 1600x1200|5, and gives a better detail shot when resized. Not necessarily a proper test since the two didn't equal the same resolution, but I'm too tired to do the math right now.

Comment

Nice shot SD.

I was thinking it'd do 12 across, 7 down or what-have-you. But as i think about it, more, that doesn't make any sense... More Shangri La, originally taken with Color Control on...
                Looks great on my monitor, good brightness and contrast, so I'd keep those settings! That's a long time to create one screenshot, but if people want good shots, that what it takes!

I kind of like this way of doing it now, and that is, go to windowed mode and set your favorite resolution via the console, or just pick one of the smaller sizes like 1024x768, or even 960x600. I set my window size to 960x600, which will upscale for 24" monitors (1920x1200). Then take a tiledshot 10, or 15, or even 20.

I took this shot in windowed mode 960x600 and used tiledshot 10. Image size was 9600x6000 of course.

Here's the pic which I could've resized to 1920x1200 just fine, but I wanted it a little smaller for the forum, so I sized it to 1024 height. They come out pretty nice. Resized and adjusted hue/sat with Irfanview.

[shot]http://my-image-hosting.com/out.php/i8808_960x600windowedtiledshot10.jpg[/shot]
                - Q

Comment

Originally posted by Qx9 View Post
                  Sweet Flak!! Keep those coming man!
                  Woman. Flak ain't no guy

Unless she got a change of plumbing in the last week...

Comment

if you are just looking for clarity and less jaggies in pics, wouldnt it just easier to play at 1680x1050 with AA on? You wouldnt have to take the time to open a prog and resize them. These scaled down hi res pics look similar to the same quality as the ones ive taken the other week or so. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=602142&page=2
                    [screenshot]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9466/cgharbor021312hd6.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3338/ut323434tz1.jpg[/screenshot]
                    [screenshot]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1927/shangri23434qg8.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3271/ut334343234mz8.jpg[/screenshot]
                    *these arent scaled down and taken with 8xAA*
                    What you are doing here is alot like Super Sampling when you are scaling them down. Of course ive forgotten that not everyone has an ATI card nor does UT3 really support AA without a friggin beta driver. Anyways, in ranting. We shouldnt even have to bother with this if AA worked like it should have.

Comment

It seems to me that one of the main things all this downsampling is doing is just getting rid of the blur effect which muddies up the graphics something awful.

I wish there was a way to adjust the blur but it seems the setting doesn't do anything.

Comment

Here we go...

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                        Woman. Flak ain't no guy
                        Unless she got a change of plumbing in the last week...
                        Okay...okay....cool.

But...Ever referred to men and women as "Mankind?" Remember Star Trek..."To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before."

Yeah well...that was fine in the good old days, the word man meaning all Mankind, until our country took a turn (for the worst imo) to be "politically correct" and changed it to "To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before."

They even changed the Military Code of Conduct Article I from "I am an American Fighting Man Fighting For My Freedom..." to I'm an American Fighting For My Freedom..."

I've called chicks "man" before...will again...call 'em Dudes all the time...call them all sorts of things. So it's not a huge deal...right?

Sorry Flak! Seriously dude, I didn't mean any disrespect at all.

- Q

Comment

AA is nice..sure

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                          if you are just looking for clarity and less jaggies in pics, wouldnt it just easier to play at 1680x1050 with AA on?...
                          Sure, if you have an ATI card...or use nHancer LINK of something similar. It's driver forced AA you're talking about here. That's cool and all...works good as AA, and removes the jaggies somewhat. BUT...

You're missing color information and texture detail/depth. Those shots look great sure...but try the same thing with a tiledshot 8 and resize them to 1680x1050.

Tell you what, I'll go to the Harbor level and do the same thing and post a shot later today. We'll see...

- Q

Comment

If it bothered me when people thought I was a guy my name wouldn't be Flak.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                              Fun stuff! These are scaled down to 1920x1200, I'll post the big bombers tomorrow.
                              awesome pics! apparently i am not the only one that is infatuated with Akasha. you would have won the poster contest .

EDIT: whoops...nevermind!

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                                What you are doing here is alot like Super Sampling when you are scaling them down. Of course ive forgotten that not everyone has an ATI card nor does UT3 really support AA without a friggin beta driver. Anyways, in ranting. We shouldnt even have to bother with this if AA worked like it should have.
                                But think, if you had AA, and then you used this process on top of it, how much better could it look then? Even if I could pull 16xAA, I'd still do this for every shot I took...

The point is that even this way, someone can do a tiledshot 20 at 800x600 and get phenomenal results, instead of needing to upgrade their entire machine just to get good screenshots. I couldn't run AA even if my chipset did support it.
                                It's not something we have to do, it's something that'll make any shot look exponentially better, regardless of settings, so why wouldn't you do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X