Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very simple and obvious fix for UT3 to encourage higher/more consistent activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    +1 to this idea

Leave a comment:

• replied
    eheh everyone saying agree.. why i'm not saying agree ?? in fact its a simple praticle idea

lets rock... the magic thing would be if the game would auto-update(from a server) to change this behaviors without the need of patches but as UT3 is basically done, this is maybe a feature for future games... (kind of OS)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would be useful to be able to search by populated server, regardless of gametype, agreed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The Great TYF00N View Post
    Populated servers search as default. I support this proposal
    +1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well Deathmatch is the best and team dm of course

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would be happy if the do away with the filter screen by itself. it is just an extra screen, and it is totally pointless since I can click on it from the server browser anyways. as if I didnt have to click enough times just to get to the server browser. ut2004 was such a polished game. I loved everything about the interface and the server browser. too bad double jumping and hitscanning abuse turned it off for me. Surprisignly, I like ut3's gameplay better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    +1 Agree completely. Annoying feature.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    okokok
    its a good idea, but i doubt it will have the impact you say it will. Doing what you propose won't help much in the long run.

however, i completely support you.
    Bump 4TW!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with that statement, there should be added though column 'gametype' to server browser, so you wont be confused what is gametype on server you joining.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Default List should always be to ALL SERVERS "." (PERIOD)

its easy enough to select wdifferent kinds of servers or sort servers once you are in the browser... Hopefully this gets into the UT 3.5 / UT4 Server browser.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great idea, its really good!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
    Defaulting to all game types instead of DM is great. There shouldn't be a bias there. I think defaulting to populated servers *is* a mistake however. It would encourage too much consolidation without rewarding good servers. The crappiest server in the world may become #1 just because everybody else is on it, for no other good reason. It's better to let the merits of the server dictate the number of people playing on it, IMO. If the initial list is sorted, sort by ping seems more appropriate than sort by number-of-players.
    That's not the way I understood it.
    According to the user's connection - the best connections & Populated will be shown first.
    That is the best server for that user ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bumpity bump

Leave a comment:

• replied
    + 1 Bump

nuff said

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump.....

Good thread. Hope some one mentioned this in the 1.3 update wish list!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X