Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very simple and obvious fix for UT3 to encourage higher/more consistent activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see all the support for this idea! Hopefully Epic agree.

Comment

Im MeepZero and I approve this message

Comment

Anyone find this interesting how we are going for 5 pages strong and the thread hasnt deteriorated into noob city for once?

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
          Anyone find this interesting how we are going for 5 pages strong and the thread hasnt deteriorated into noob city for once?
          I think because it's an objective suggestion. No one is saying "I hate how the game works here, so you have to change it to this". It's a suggestion which could not possibly negatively affect anyone.

Comment

i give this idea +∞

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
              let the noobing begin!

Comment

+2

I like the lowest pings though. I'd substitute lots of players for laggless online any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                  +2

I like the lowest pings though. I'd substitute lots of players for laggless online any day.
                  Same. If Epic set up the "All gametypes" but limited it to only the best pinging servers, I'd be in heaven.

Comment

+1

Nice idea.

About the ping stuff: That doesn't make any sense atm, since the pings in the server browser are obviously not right. The server browser displays pings of 150+ for pretty much every European Warfare server for example, while it turns out to be 50 or 60 ingame. Another factor that keeps people away from playing, btw. So yeah... don't rely on the browser when it comes to ping, many people have that issue with wrong pings and don't even know about it. :/

Comment

huh. i didnt even realize this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                        Same. If Epic set up the "All gametypes" but limited it to only the best pinging servers, I'd be in heaven.
                        the whole point of my suggestion was so that we can see every server that is populated in any gametype.. i dont see the point of incorporating some arbitrary limitation such as best ping only.. what if some people want to see populated servers that might be 100 or higher because they dont necessarily care if there is a bit of delay and just want to join an active game.. your statement makes no sense whatsoever to me because you can sort by ping anyway.. so why limit yourself. noone on the other hand wants to join an empty server just because it pings 10 for them, and if they do, they can just look for them under the gametype lists, or probably have the ip already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                          huh. i didnt even realize this myself.
                          Maybe not everyone has that and not all the time and for every server - but I simply joined some random high ping servers (according to the browser) and it turned out to be 60ish ingame. :/ Meh, even the Warfare pickups are displayed with 100+ in my browser and favs tab, although the ping is pretty low there for me.

Comment

no, i realized you are completely correct, because the same thing happened to me one time, i hopped on a server that pinged like 120 in the browser, and it ended up that i pinged better in that game than many that appeared to be 70ish in browser.

on an unrelated note, i spilled a drink on my keyboard tonight, and thought it was ok until i started typing these last few messages and realized i can no longer use capital letters, quotation marks, question marks, the number six and other things... oh well .. bersy goes to throw it in the trash .. good thing it was 8 years old anyway .. but the only keyboard ive ever been comfortable playing ut on. played every single ut since goty on this sucker. bah rip hp keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
                              In a landmark event, the primary US presidential candidates were unified and had the following to say regarding the possible new addition to UT3:

Mr. Obama,what are your thoughts?
                              "I endorse this unification of our multi-gamtype system"

Hillary, comments?
                              "See all gametypes and as a result increase server loads? Yes we can!"

Mr McCain?
                              "Everyone knows I am a huge fan of both Warfare and Deathmatch. As long as we bring war and death to the forefront I whole heartedly endorse it"

Back to you Bersy!

Sorry, too much coffee.... yep.

meh.
                              post of the month

Comment

Coffee is wild stuff. I can't even drink it or I go nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X