Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very simple and obvious fix for UT3 to encourage higher/more consistent activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

i hate having to go back and forth between the menu just to change my filter specifications

Comment

+1 again and again

Comment

+1
        Great Idea, I'm tired of DM being where all the players are

Comment

Really great idea. Perhaps it could default to some sort of smart search, which would bring up the best pinging servers with players regardless of game type.

Comment

EPIC, lets see u get in the thread.
            This a great idea.
            If u guys consider it that would be awesome!
            +1 m8

Comment

Liking the idea. Supporting.

Comment

Another +1

Defaulting to an "All Gametypes" selection would be incredibly simple to implement and would help make the in-game browser more usable. A no brainer IMO!

ADDITION: If somebody on the design team consciously chose to exclude this feature in order to "keep the customer from getting confused" or some other backwards thinking, then I'd prefer that that individual get a new job and stop ruining my favorite games.

Comment

+1

**** it Epic members just say u've noted that and the topic may be closed

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    Another question for you then. What if as of version 1.3, the filter defaulted to "All", with the same options for full/empty/locked... UT1 had a "Populated" tab which performed basically the exact same function, and to this day it still has a few thousand players. I don't think that's a coincidence either, I mean sure it has something to do with the game itself, but I believe something so simple has a lot to do with it also and it has always bothered me that this hasn't been done in any version since.

If it defaults to search All gametypes or maybe just Populated, then people will join servers more based on the ping than what gametype it is, there will be more even distribution, people will play for longer because there is a more even distribution of players, and as a result I think we will see some growth in the numbers.. even if modest, it can't hurt right?

So Epic, please for the love of fragging, implement this in version 1.3.
                    Yes. This. PLEASE. +1. Signed. On my knees begging! At absolute minimum it should be an option. Showing the largest number of non-empty server is a *no-brainer* if you want to get people playing. PLEASE DO THIS.

Comment

how about a UI that is actually intutive :S

Comment

i agree very much so

Comment

+1. It would need a column to indicate what gametype each game is but that would be no problem. Lets hope Epic gives us this.

Comment

Actually as far as I can tell, they could add this feature independently WELL before another full patch if they took the initiative, if the UI supports updates as they claim it does since 1.2 - What better way to test it?

Comment

I agree. It's much more fun to play a gametype with live players that might not be your absolute favorite than to play your favorite with bots. I prefer DM, but if I opened the server list and saw activity in CTF or TDM, I'd certainly hop on one of those servers. This simple solution might pick up activity on all servers a bit.

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Working...
                                X