more gametypes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more gametypes?

Epic, you said you would support UT3 long after it's release, well show it!

There are gamemodes many people from Ut99 and Ut2004 come to UT3 and expect them to be there, but are left hugely dissapointed when they realise there is WORSE choice of gameplay in the supposed 3rd game in the series.

I really do think its stupid for a game that came out in late 2007 to have less gamemodes and fun to be had than a game that came out in 1999! compared to ut2004, ut3 has half the gamemodes!

leaving out last man standing and assault was a HUGE mistake, i mean bloody hell these were included in UT99 and are hugely popular even today, and there not even in UT3?

The only gametypes i used to play in UT99 was LMS and DM, and in UT2004 I only really played LMS and invasion, and i came to UT3 expecting the same good ol fun, and wait, NONE of them are here.

You call this a sequal to one of the most popular online shooters, and then when your game is dead before it's even released you claim PC gaming is dieing? NO i could guarentee if epic put the same amount of love and dedication as they did the original UT and 2004, UT3 would be the flying off the shelves.

It's most likely too late now, unless epic decides to release a bonus pack with some of these game modes in, all we can rely on is the next Unreal Tournament, and i'm hoping you guys do what you did with 2003 and give this series the next - gen game it deserve!

bonus packs aren't done overnight.

patience, little one.

Comment

Hi Kusimeka. We focused on the gametypes we found the most people playing in UT2004. Since UE3 content takes so much longer to create than last gen, this ensured that the most popular gametypes had the most content.

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl View Post
        bonus packs aren't done overnight.

patience, little one.
        Agreed!
        Epic just published a second patch and (like with the first one) the game became better. Okay, still a lot can be done.
        I also miss invasion, as it was the only mode I played on UT2004 the last time, but for the moment I have a lot of fun with UT3 as it is now and am looking forward to what will come. At least I hope it will.
        Anyway it is waaaay to early to be disappointed.

Comment

Hey, yes i really understand that, but what about the people playing UT99 still? if you go look at LMS & Assault there your see there's a big community still around, and since UT3 is closer to UT99 than UT3 surely you could of atleast included LMS and Assault?

I understand assault was combined with onslaught which is fair enough, but a stand alone assault would of not of been complained about, that's for sure

I know that invasion takes a lot of work, and requires a lot of monsters to be created, but i found invasion to be one of the main game mode that made UT so unique

Epic was trying to reach a new audience along with there old right? well if you want your old your going to need the game types your main audience loves, aswell as game modes like warfare which i know every casual really enjoys.

Edit: Oh and Wartourist, could you PLEASE atleast give us a hint weather invasion will ever be making a appearance? as you mentioned you focused on the most popular gametypes, well Invasion still ranks as one of the most played modes on 2004, and one of the most enjoyable at that!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
            Hi Kusimeka. We focused on the gametypes we found the most people playing in UT2004. Since UE3 content takes so much longer to create than last gen, this ensured that the most popular gametypes had the most content.
            Nice to see the response and I think most people heartily agree with that decision. Modes like bombing run, honestly, weren't worth the effort; something small like LMS, though, probably would have benefited the game.

Comment

I can kinda see why they did it. But why LMS is gone is a mystery to me. Luckily we still have the community, and thats why I made this topic. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602705

Comment

Imo less gametypes makes the community less divided over all those gametypes...
                Therefor the (small?) amount of people playing online don't have a choice between
                2 or 3 servers (with their gametype) with people innit.

Comment

I see your point froom, but you do realise that there are people who would for example play those gametypes UT3 has, but also want to play ones that it doesn't have, meaning they will stick with old UT's

Comment

Originally posted by Froooooom View Post
                    Imo less gametypes makes the community less divided over all those gametypes...
                    Therefor the (small?) amount of people playing online don't have a choice between
                    2 or 3 servers (with their gametype) with people innit.
                    No... more gametypes allow more people to enjoy the game. Why would Epic made the decision to release the game on multiple platforms? To draw in more people. Why do you think stories get expanded from book to film to game and such? Basically, more contents equal more audiences.
                    The problem with the game right now is that Epic for various reasons effectively took a few steps backward, with the idea of going back to the "roots" of the series being taken both overboard and not quite enough. By making it too much like UT99, the vast fan base of UT2004 will not like it; especially the competitive community. But Epic also didn't go back enough; nothing new have been introduced, at least from UT2004 to UT3. We actually see a reduction of contents.

Comment

is this guy serious, just look how many bugs and things epic has done for us, saying that there not showing support is just plain crazy, they definetely are supporting!

Comment

I know people will miss gametypes in UT3, but there are very good people in the community willing to make those gametypes for you, so if you´re really desperate go find people and make a MOD or gametype with them.
                        And to be honest `more contentst equal more audiences´ only applies when the released content is great, and in my opninion that wasn´t the case with all the gametypes in UT2004.

Comment

Yes, yes and yes, there are way too few gametypes.

I am not the guy for Warfare, so there's only two I really like and that's Deathmatch (Team Deathmatch and Duel don't count, they're Deathmatch as well to me) and CTF.

Please, please, you guys from Epic, you'd do me a great favor if you'd include Assault and Domination gametypes in your next bonus pack. Invasion was cool too.
                          Oh and please think of us PS3 players and release the bonuses you make also for the console

Comment

I think I played invasion once or twice and found it to be rather dull. I was a DM,TDM and ONS player in 2k4. Just starting to like Warfare but it will take some getting used to. The gametype I really miss is BR, thank the gods that there is user team working on bringing this to us in the form of a mod. Though I must say I find it odd that BR wasn't considered in the most favored gametypes. Heck there were/are BR ladders out there, my clan [ARC]participated in them until we lost some of our BR members to other clans. Oh well we still have a BR server up and running and it's always seeing action as are the many other ones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Froooooom View Post
                              I know people will miss gametypes in UT3, but there are very good people in the community willing to make those gametypes for you, so if you´re really desperate go find people and make a MOD or gametype with them.
                              And to be honest `more contentst equal more audiences´ only applies when the released content is great, and in my opninion that wasn´t the case with all the gametypes in UT2004.
                              Yes but there were people playing them. Beside, people want to pay for something else in a series to get more contents, not less.

Comment

Working...
                              X