Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 PS3 has more settings than UT3 PC does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 PS3 has more settings than UT3 PC does?

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604293

how come PS3 users get an easy way to change their acceleration, while PC users don't? I'd really beginning to believe that Epic is abandoning the PC platform now. Was it really that much more work to add an acceleration slider to the PC version?

lmao. W2s.

Comment

We use mice on PC's and yes we can control mouse sensativity on them. Consoles have acceleration based on their controllers. That's what I am gathering, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604293

how come PS3 users get an easy way to change their acceleration, while PC users don't? I'd really beginning to believe that Epic is abandoning the PC platform now. Was it really that much more work to add an acceleration slider to the PC version?
        Acceleration is really a console-specific attribute anyway. Mice are absolute-displacement devices... adjustable mouse acceleration in videogames typically use the mouse to emulate a joystick like in Halo 2 Vista.

Sooooooo that would like -- HURT the PC version... to emulate the mouse as a joypad...

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
          Acceleration is really a console-specific attribute anyway. Mice are absolute-displacement devices... adjustable mouse acceleration in videogames typically use the mouse to emulate a joystick like in Halo 2 Vista.

Sooooooo that would like -- HURT the PC version... to emulate the mouse as a joypad...
          No U

you don't get it. Everyone knows that mouse accel defaults to on in the PC version. And there's no straightforward way to turn it off. But I do agree with you that mouse acceleration, for the most part, does not belong on PCs. So my question is, why didn't Epic give PC users an option to turn it OFF?

Comment

before anyone cries more , you should really see the setting hands on so u know exactly what it changes.

Comment

lol...

Just in case it isn't already clear, the acceleration setting is for the controller, not the mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                No U

you don't get it. Everyone knows that mouse accel defaults to on in the PC version. And there's no straightforward way to turn it off. But I do agree with you that mouse acceleration, for the most part, does not belong on PCs. So my question is, why didn't Epic give PC users an option to turn it OFF?
                They did... and I have it turned off.

Well, sort of...

Unreal Tournament 3 doesn't really have mouse acceleration... since it's not a joystick emulated mouse. What they have instead is mouse smoothing... which kinda dampens movement of your mouse. Turn that off and it's just like every other PC game...

Comment

just get a good mouse driver to do the work for you (thank you lachesis )

Comment

are you fu**n serious?? PC users have it way better than the console users...

Comment

Working...
                    X