How to play downloaded maps offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i don't see why maps downloaded in game don't just show up in your map selection.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Theres an option in the ps3 vers?
    PS3 have it so easy

It looked like tidds was speaking in a foreign language

Leave a comment:

• replied
    on ps3 you can play every game offline - third option in menu.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maisler View Post
    I've downloaded some ctf maps such as Turbo and Ultra and they work all fine online if I join a public server. But here is the deal, how can I play these maps offline in instant action? They don't show up when I take instant action/setup map cycle, do I have to play them through console, if so, tell me!
    You can play any downloaded maps simply by going to the UTGame/cache folder and opening the cache config file in notepad. This gives you the code and map name or mutatator used. For maps find the code mary it up with the file in the cache and rename the cache file to "Mapname.UT3" Then move the mapname.ut3 to your published/cookedpc/maps folder and it will appear in you instant action maps for offline play. I don't think there is an extractor yet or i have'nt seen one but thats a basic way of getting server dloded maps to play offline.

eg cache

cache file

6C6104D24304436E74D95C91223565BA.UXX

cache config shows
    6C6104D24304436E74D95C91223565BA=DM-NightInThePark-XL

rename UXX file to DM-NightInThePark-XL.UT3 and place in cooked PC/Maps folder.

err this is for PC dunno about PS3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you were on a PC I could help. I will need to leave this for one of the PS3 players.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to play downloaded maps offline?

How to play downloaded maps offline?

I've downloaded some ctf maps such as Turbo and Ultra and they work all fine online if I join a public server. But here is the deal, how can I play these maps offline in instant action? They don't show up when I take instant action/setup map cycle, do I have to play them through console, if so, tell me!
Working...
X