Is it me...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me...?

or does it feel like you have to have atleast Geforce 8800 to even matter in this game? i play online all the time and ask the people with scores like 40kills and 2 deaths what cards and systems they have to be playing that good most of them if not all say geforce 8800 or 8800sli. i myself have a 8500GT and i really feel like my playing is really affected by it. so am i crazy? or keep practicing? let me hear those opinions

Lower your graphics settings. Good people tend to refuse to play with less than 60 FPS... hence they either buy good graphics cards, or play with the minimum possible graphics.

Moreover, 8800s are the most common card on the market right now, if I recall the last steam hardware survey correctly.

Comment

I play with a x1900xtx atm and I'd like to think I do ok and I know people with older cards that are as good as or better than me.

Recent hardware helps, but it is in no way required to be able to perform.

Comment

i used to play with a 7800gtx and was one of those people you described.

Comment

I have a 7800gtx..and I destroy all public servers I join.. my system is about 3 years old, surprisingly it runs the game fine.. I'd say practice more.

Comment

I'm using an 8600M GS (on a laptop!) and I'm currently ranked 111. It's all about finding a suitable setting for what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sero View Post
              I play with a x1900xtx atm and I'd like to think I do ok and I know people with older cards that are as good as or better than me.

Recent hardware helps, but it is in no way required to be able to perform.
              I was running an x1950pro, which if i'm correct is not quite as powerful as the x1900xtx, and i was able to run 1440x900 at 3/3 perfectly....video cards should have no bearing whatsoever on how you play.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                i used to play with a 7800gtx and was one of those people you described.
                Still, the 7800gtx DESTROYS the 8500.
                http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphi...=856&chart=277

Comment

I think I have a decent computer, but when I try to lower the graphics it runs more choppier. Therefore I have to have at least 5-4 settings so that the game won't go choppy on me.

Edit: I meant skipping, not choppy, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X