Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions...

I'd like to know two things about Unreal Tournament 3, and if anyone could help me with these I'd be much appreciated.

1) How do I force/select a "preferred" team color for off-line team-based game play modes? For example, in UT2004, I was used to automatically, when possible, spawn in the Blue team (because an option in the in-game settings was available for that purpose). In UT3, from what I can see so far, it's always set to the Red team (at least off-line). So if I can change it, how do I do?

And...

2) In UT2004 again, under the speech bindings options, I could easily bind some keys to various taunts. In UT3, from what I've seen so far, the only way to taunt is to press the 'v' key and browse through a taunts selection menu during game play, which you guessed it isn't particularly easy to do when your flag is being taken away and you have to help your team and can't spawn a magical sixth finger to taunt people because your microphone either isn't plugged it or you just don't have one. So, is there a way to just bind taunts to desired keys in UT3?

Thanks.

1) In your UTGame.ini, find the section [DefaultPlayer] and change team from 255 to 0 for red or 1 for blue.

2 Not possible, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Thanks Mr Evil

Do you know if Epic plans to add more keys/input bindings options for taunts in future patches?

Comment

I forgot to ask another question.

Is it possible to force more than 32 players in off-line games? Or is it the absolutel maximum that the engine will support?

Thanks again.

Comment

I once played a 32 players botmatch in Suspense...coz i had to record a manta scene for my UT trailer...best to do it with heaps off ppl to lawnmow

Comment

But is it possible to add more than 32 bots?

Comment

Originally posted by Zenoth View Post
              But is it possible to add more than 32 bots?
              1.2 Patch I believe allows for 64 players... I think that works for bots too.

Comment

Well, when I access the in-game settings and start up an Instant match and set the maximum number of bots it stops at 32 players just like versions 1.0 and 1.1, it hasn't changed, unless I missed a separate option.

Comment

As far as I've read/can tell. 32 bots is still the maximum in offline play, however in online play 64 is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo12321 View Post
                    As far as I've read/can tell. 32 bots is still the maximum in offline play, however in online play 64 is possible.

I hope they fix it for patch 1.3. In fact just a small hotfix for that purpose alone would do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X