Patch 1.2 Playstation 3. Please read and reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 1.2 Playstation 3. Please read and reply

Sorry to waste your time if your reading this, i just heard that there maybe an update for playstation 3s "Unreal Tournament 3" patch 1.2. Please could you tell me if this is true and when it is available to download and also, Why do i get a message saying package "core" not downloadable what does it mean.
    Thanks for you help and time.

"Package core" is due to the difference in format between NA and EU. This ( as I've read ) is being worked on so both will be compatible to play on servers.
    As far as the patch....the V1.2 is for the PC community. It is their second. PS3 will get their first.......when its ready I guess.

It can never come too soon for me.

Comment

The problem with patching on a console is that you need to wait for Sony to certify it's stability before it gets released. As you can probably tell -- "a few" games came out recently, and a few more are coming soon... it probably will take a while (maybe a month or two) before a patch submitted to Sony will be bounced to and from the developer and finally cleared by Sony for release.

That also means that probably each patch for the PS3 will {probably} be substantially more -- meaty -- than one for the PC. Probably easier to just go in for a big order than having 12 incremental patches in a year.

That being said -- I'm *not* an industry dude -- I'm just a gamer/modder who reads interviews and keynotes a bit too much

Comment

I am not getting it...... Current US version is not bad! So why they relesed imporved EU version and give up the compatybility.....

Comment

it will be fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by mmiklas View Post
            I am not getting it...... Current US version is not bad! So why they relesed imporved EU version and give up the compatybility.....
            probably in the hope that all the EU peeps that imported it from the US will give in and go buy the EU version

from what has been posted on here and chats with a few mates that have the EU version its the same complete with all the same bugs and problems its just a different version number

Comment

Working...
            X