Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse sensivity

Hi!

What's best for gaming (ut3) ? Low or high mouse sensitivity? And about how much? And what do pro gamers set it on? I'd like to know. I'm on 2000 now.

People will tell you both high and low sensitivity. And they will swear upon their lives. But what it really comes down to is what best suits your playing style. Low sensitivity will improve your aim long distance. Best if you prefer sniper, shock, etc. High sensitivity will give you the ability to make snap turns with minimal hand movement. Great for up close and personal, rockets, flak, etc. Whatever you do, figure out what you prefer and stick with it. If you're good you'll be good with high or low sensitivity once you get used to it.

Remember, the actual number other people use doesn't matter, because every mouse will work differently. A better reference between different users is how far you move the mouse to turn a full 360. Personally I prefer super high sensitivity. I turn a full 360 in about 5 or 6 cm. Although I have a keybind that halves my sensitivity if I want to do some sniping.

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian General View Post
      I'm on 2000 now.
      That number doesn't say a thing. It depends on other things like DPI, windows sensitivity (in Control Panel).
      Anyway, mine's 18cm/360, that's a highish sensitivity. No acceleration of course.

Comment

Myself, I always played at high (or rather, very very high, like 2-3cm for 360°) sens. I couldn't hit shock combos with it really though, so I went down a huge lot - so much in fact that I usually have to set my sensitivity to the lowest possible _and_ lower my mouse's dpi so I can even play everyday shooters like Jericho or Stalker (around 15cm for 360°). This tremendously helped with long-range hitscan shots and Shock Combos, but funny enough it also helped with Flak and Rocket accuracy ... but high sensitivity can work for you as well, myself I just noticed huge improvements from lowering my sens (after getting used to it of course, which took a loong time).

Comment

Working...
        X